Requests of Esoteric/Cherry Red/Atomhenge Surround discs by Stephen W Tayler ...etc.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love all the ideas here!!! Thank you everyone!

As usual I am not at liberty to reveal what I am up to (I so enjoy the mystery that creates!), but there are some indeed fascinating projects awaiting release, and several in the process of being made right now!

I have to say there are a handful of classic albums, some of which influenced me, and some I was involved with originally, that i would love to have a go at - but I have to be asked to do them officially in whatever format. I do try to request some of them, and I do need to be asked to present in Atmos, still waiting for first official one - hey - I'm ready!!!

Wishing you all happy holidays, and looking forward to 2024 which looks very interesting!!

SWTx
Let us start a GoFundMe page for more @Stephen W Tayler multichannel mixes AND his first (official) Atmos mix!

Let us start a GoFundMe page for more @Stephen W Tayler multichannel mixes AND his first (official) Atmos mix!
It's a lovely idea, but it's all about whether the rights holders are willing to agree and approve, and they have to create and arrange the funding!!

If I could have chosen an album I would love to remix - then it would have to have been my favourite and influential 'Crime of the Century' by Supertramp!! But a/ no licence agreements and b/ lost multitracks!! SWT

Last edited:
Any early Kevin Ayers,Arthur Brown,Centipede,Soft Machine,Steppenwolf,Colosseum 2 etc

I most definitely had Steppenwolf on my radar , but was reluctant to mention this Iconic wonder of a group ..for fear...real fear.
Why ?
Well are the multitracks still there..at Universal? Or did they fall victim to the big FIRE !

But if not , yes Steppenwolf's early Catalogue on music would be amazing, given their music and string of hits!

It's a lovely idea, but it's all about whether the rights holders are willing to agree and approve, and they have to create and arrange the funding!!

If I could have chosen an album I would love to remix - then it would have to have been my favourite and influential 'Crime of the Century' by Supertramp!! But a/ no licence agreements and b/ lost multitracks!! SWT
Lost multitracks!! :(

If there is one iconic album I would love to have in surround it's this one. Bought the album on release. It's never aged, such clever writing, singing and the music is to die for.

Such a shame 😔

If there is one iconic album I would love to have in surround it's this one. Bought the album on release. It's never aged, such clever writing, singing and the music is to die for.

Such a shame 😔

Maybe , just maybe ....and a bit of a long shot.

There might be backup copies , in ...Japan ??..via King Records or even , some multis collector !

Such a shame 😔
:(
Its one of those perfect albums for me, all the tracks are brilliant, and it was incredibly well recorded. I have the stereo Blu-ray and still have my original LP.

How about Patrick Moraz's The Story of I? Or any of his other 70's albums, all of which are (as far as I know) currently being distributed by Cherry Red. The Story of I has the potential for an incredible surround mix.

I once spoke to Patrick about surround sound. He said he had heard Steven Wilson's surround mix of Yes' Relayer and loved it.

Oh....and another vote here for any and all Procol Harum!

Hi Stephen - some excellent suggestions so far (especially 10cc (y)). I'd like to add a couple of further artists to the ATMOS request list:-

Nik Kershaw (who it has recently been announced will receive a box-set retrospective from Cherry Red this year)
Brand X (who aren't currently part of the Esoteric roster, but SHOULD be:))
Big Country - The Crossing

Thanks for your work - looking forward to what you see released this year!

Cherry Red is sitting on one my favorite bands of all time!
PATTO!!!
I would pay big bucks to hear some Patto remixed for surround.
Their catalog would be perfect as their songs are rife with dense sounds and intricate beyond belief musical interplay.
Just like Jeff Beck is a revelation in surround,Unpacking all of Ollie Halsalls' brilliant guitar/piano/vibe melodies/runs would be a sonic revelation.

I can't think of a better 70's rock/prog guitarist tbh.
He and Allan Holdsworth were even in the band Tempest together for a brief moment
That musta been ferocious to say the least.

Back