Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carol Rosenberger REFLECTIONS IN THE WATER [Delos/2 RBCDs/Dolby Surround] Magnificent Classical mood pieces performed in stunning DDD sonics on an Imperial Concert Grand Piano.

REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER NEW CD - Picture 1 of 1

Last edited:
In July of 1960, in protest against what they considered the failings of the jazz scene and the accelerating commercialization of the annual Newport Jazz Festival, Charles Mingus and Max Roach staged their own "rebel" festival at nearby Cliff Walk Manner, RI. The rebels set up their own tents for sleeping, built their own stage, handled advertising, promotion, ticket taking and MC duties. By all accounts the concert was wholly inspired and a peaceful affair. Meanwhile, what was supposed to be an alternative festival turned out to be the only one in town. Unable to disperse an intoxicated mob of young people seeking access to the sold-out show at Freebody Park, the actual Newport Jazz Festival ended abruptly in a full scale riot. Despite the fact that these sessions were held in the studio, the music reflects the high-spirited freedom of the best jazz played at the original setting with nearly all of it improvised during the recording. Of particular note is the Booker Little track "Cliff Walk," which features both Max Roach and Jo Jones, two of the greatest jazz drummers ever, trading off. The CD includes extraordinary liner notes written by Nat Hentoff himself, giving a context and insight that adds to the experience of hearing these magnificent performances. This recording is remastered by legendary mastering engineer, Bernie Grundman.

Newport Rebels - Charles Mingus, Eric Dolphy, Roy Eldridge, Max Roach ...

https://www.deepdiscount.com/newport-rebels-2024-remaster/708857321421

Last edited:
Ralphie
man does not live on surround alone.
But - yes - I have the brick with this wonderful 5 point one'er
And do you intend to use that 'under utilized' BRICK as the foundation of your magnificent new BARN CAVE? Um, just "ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL?"

This man, in particular, has been wallowing in DISCRETE Surround since installing my new system when, IMO, those DSP modes JUST AREN'T ENUF!

As my late father used to quip "The ONLY person you fool in the end ....IS YOURSELF!"

Last edited:
And do you intend to use that 'under utilized' BRICK as the foundation of your magnificent new BARN CAVE? Um, just "ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL?"

This man, in particular, has been wallowing in DISCRETE Surround since installing my new system when, IMO, those DSP modes JUST AREN'T ENUF!

As my late father used to quip "The ONLY person you fool in the end ....IS YOURSELF!"
More Fool Me

Back