Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always a fan of this under rated Ten Years After album . The last time I had it , fr a 3 album clamshell set ...it sounded so muffled .
Now Chrysalis has gone and remastered it , and I notice the difference immediately. What a wonderful improvement!!

TEN YEARS AFTER -WATT

I highly recommend it . Especially tracks 2 , 3, 6 and 7 . And btw , It is the album that precedes Space In Time.
I'm listening lately on my buds on an mp3 player...absolutely wonderful blues/rock album , and it shows its place with Stonedhenge and Cricklewood Green. (Weird thing is I have both the mono and stereo of Stonedhenge )

Anyway I can't rant enough about this jewel album WATT, from Ten Years After

View attachment 103602View attachment 103603

Hmmm. Wonder if @marpow has this version??

Would kill to be able to mix this into surround. Cool Indian classical / jazz fusion mix.

Sonu Nigam - Classically Mild (2008)

1710893684456.png

6BB7F0B0-86C5-4D40-80AC-C98695BDC64B.jpeg

Tangerine Dream - Pilots of Purple Twilight

Wow, best box set I’ve played in I don’t know how long. The music is more accessible than the Hades box and better sound.
The live set here from The Dominion Theatre in 1982 is amazing. Part 2 (disc 7) kept me mesmerized for 51 minutes.
The hardcover book is beautiful but too many uninteresting pictures. Would have liked some discographical information and though the album covers are beautifully reproduced there is no sign of the back covers.
But that’s a minor quibble, the music is excellent.
And an outstanding album cover

I was always a fan of this under rated Ten Years After album . The last time I had it , fr a 3 album clamshell set ...it sounded so muffled .
Now Chrysalis has gone and remastered it , and I notice the difference immediately. What a wonderful improvement!!

TEN YEARS AFTER -WATT

I highly recommend it . Especially tracks 2 , 3, 6 and 7 . And btw , It is the album that precedes Space In Time.
I'm listening lately on my buds on an mp3 player...absolutely wonderful blues/rock album , and it shows its place with Stonedhenge and Cricklewood Green. (Weird thing is I have both the mono and stereo of Stonedhenge )

Anyway I can't rant enough about this jewel album WATT, from Ten Years After

View attachment 103602View attachment 103603

I think I must add one more outstanding track from WATT.. I was listening to it today , btw.

Track #4 'I Say Yeah' , Alvin's magic guitar workout is in evidence here.

Lucky Joe Bonamassa got to play on Alvin's vintage "old red" , but I don't know if he played any TYA Tunes ??

TANGERINE DREAM UNDERWATER SUNLIGHT [Relativity Records] the 16th Studio album by the group and the first to include new bandmate Paul Haslinger

"You can produce the sound of two hands clapping. Now, how does one hand sound?"

~Zen Question

[from the liner notes]

R.7f1931e50083aadcee3a9d3b9af79abf

You know Ralphie, I found that all of the 80's TD albums were so very good compared with their 70's work.
I'd be over the moon , if they came out in 5 channel .

ya know ? they were actually very good !

View attachment 103783
They play them quite a bit on the UK Planet Rock radio station, I kept hearing tracks and thought this is good, then on the DAB info stream comes Great White, so I bought the greatest hits, excellent, love "Rock Me".

Actually Cinderella are great as well! love "Bad Seamstress Blues".

Back