Mark Knopfler - One Deep River (SDE exclusive Blu-Ray w/Dolby Atmos, limited to 2000, April '24)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to this from Apple Music while I'm wating for my disc to arrive. I really like the music, and the mix is better then some say. There are good output in the front heights on every track for most of the time and the same goes for surround heights although at a lower volume. My main grape with this mix is the absence of output in the back surrounds, it makes the mix somewhat front heavy on my setup. Bad mixing decision I think. :rolleyes:

Has anyone listened to the this Atmos down mixed to 5.1? I’m hoping for the best as my order is in transit and should arrive sometime next week.

I am 7 tracks in, via Apple4K Dolby Atmos.
The music is calming and relaxing, not yet have I heard guitar hard rock, but most definitely Knopfler, right hand picking style, also a lot of pedal steel guitar, music is what I call morning coffee music, definitely not evening whiskey music.
My definition is what I call front loaded Atmos, meaning three floor fronts and two front heights are what's driving the mix.
The rear heights and rear surrounds, strictly ambient.
I like it alot, just won't be drinking my whiskey for it, unless I want to cry in my whiskey.
I resemble that remark 😜
1713018095782.jpeg

Meanwhile, mine has been stuck in some German facility since Friday 🙄 Oh well, at least I already have the double CD.

Postman tried to deliver it today (got it in my hands) but had to take it back to the post office as I didn't have the cash to pay for the taxes and handling. I'm really surprised, as I thought I wouldn't need to pay for them anymore with SDE.
I'll pass by the office tomorrow to check what has happened and collect it anyway (10 euros taxes, ouch!)

Postman tried to deliver it today (got it in my hands) but had to take it back to the post office as I didn't have the cash to pay for the taxes and handling. I'm really surprised, as I thought I wouldn't need to pay for them anymore with SDE.
I'll pass by the office tomorrow to check what has happened and collect it anyway (10 euros taxes, ouch!)
Very strange indeed, as SDE joining the IOSS system should indeed cover these taxes as part of your purchage. You should be able to show them proof that VAT was already collected by SDE (order confirmation) and it should also show on a label on the package.

Back