New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Alanis DVD-A was brickwalled, is this version as well? Hi-rez audio ruined by compression, what is the point?
When the poll comes out, if it hasn’t already, I’m going to say that I found the Atmos version of this album very listenable compared to the CD. Can’t tell you about how it compares to the DVD-A, however.

Last edited:
The album was digitally recorded on the original 1991 black face ADATs from Alesis, which could not offer the sample rates and higher resolution we have now. You're still getting a great sounding mix.

This article from High Fidelity magazine explains the recording process for the album.

https://highfidelity.pl/@main-1075&lang=en
Thanks for the info and the link...

The Alanis DVD-A was "Under Rug Swept", not "Jagged Little Pill". It didn't have good reviews so I've never picked it up.
I stand corrected, both have sort of similar names and cover art and were released around the same time. Nice if this release is free of that awful brickwalling. Yes "Under Rug Swept" while a good album was not a good surround mix, I see that I only gave it a five!

They have arrived at last! Just two Blu-rays in a plastic bag:sneaky:
20240415_172550.jpg

Bugger... Mine haven't!

And yours are in a Hermes bag not DHL...
Yea tracking was DHL, looked at it this morning and it said "Out for delivery" a DHL van arrived in my road delivering to a neighbour, I asked if he had anything for me, he said no. So hours later a car pulls up outside and the package was posted in my letterbox. I hope yours arrives soon.
Alanis Morissette is a good mix, still got a screechy voice though. only a few songs into the Hootie, it's an OK mix much better sounding than the 2001 DVD thankfully.

Whats a "Hermes" bag?
Hermes is the courier

Named after Hermes. God of boundaries, roads, travelers, merchants, thieves, athletes, shepherds, commerce, speed, cunning, language, oratory, wit, and messages. Member of the Twelve Olympians. Hermes Ingenui ( Vatican Museums ), Roman copy of the second century BC after a Greek original of the 5th century

Hermes is the courier

Named after Hermes. God of boundaries, roads, travelers, merchants, thieves, athletes, shepherds, commerce, speed, cunning, language, oratory, wit, and messages. Member of the Twelve Olympians. Hermes Ingenui ( Vatican Museums ), Roman copy of the second century BC after a Greek original of the 5th century
bloody dreadful service, i'm amazed anyone gets anything delivered when it's through them! 😅😂

Back