What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 3 titles from FYE today, used of course: Zenyatta Mondatta (playing right now), also Syncronicity (an extra since I've got the SHM SACD already), and an extra Bowie Scary Monsters, all for about $8 each. All have the original super jewel cases in unbroken condition. One case has a minor crack.

And from the looks of the USPS tracking a Stevie Ray Vaughan hybrid SACD will arrive from Elusive tomorrow.

Texas Flood hybrid arrived at the post office today so after waiting in line picked it up. Noticed that it has 20 minutes less content than the out-of-print single layer version, so I'd guess the original release is the way to go if you want the bonus tracks.

I've been picking up some of the Living Stereo SACD hybrids. Some are two, some are three channel recordings.Great classical concerts recorded in the 50's with unbeleivable spectacular sound. You can run the L & R channels thru a synthesizer for surround, the three channel recordings are very full. Just listened to a spectacular mahler symphony. Highly reccomended if you like classical music.

Just ordered Bjork-Vespertine on DVD-A from Amazon, going to get Dorothee Munyaneza shortly and of course there is the ongoing King Crimson reissues.

My last surround-sound purchases:
SACD:
Moody Blues "A Question Of Balance"
1970s Quad:
1) Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" (SQ)
2) Chicago VIII (SQ)

CCR Cosmo's Factory SACD showed up today from amazon. It's in the new style super jewel case. Previously these were packaged in the old style. I'm keeping it sealed for the time being.

These 2 today from HMV Japan. Shipped on the 24th, received today the 27th.

Furtwangler the 9th hybrid mono SACD (digipak), Russo Siegel-Schwall Band 3 pieces SHM SACD

Attachments

• russo_sacd.jpg
    russo_sacd.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 299
The dollar store has a CD clearance bin ?
I do not know what kind of stock the Dollar Store normally carries. I was just passing by the Dollar Store, in my neighborhood, and decided to go in. I had never been to this particular store before even though it has been there for several years. As I looked through the store, I noticed some CD's. Most were no name compilations in paper sleeves. i.e. Romantic Moods, Lite Classical, etc. Then I noticed the barenaked ladies CD + DVD in surround sound. I could not pass that by could I?

It was not until I got home and read the back of the package that I discovered it was DVD-A 96kHz. / 24-bit. I was not familiar with the barenaked ladies so, I later looked online and discovered that this particular release sold very poorly. I then looked on that famous auction website and discovered that there are plenty of copies available and one can by a copy of this CD + DVD-A for much less than ten dollars.

The barenaked ladies started out as a musical comedy group and one should not take their music too seriously. The tunes are OK and the 5.1 mix is better than decent. I sure like this disc a lot more than the last King Crimson that I bought. Definitely worth a dollar.

Everything to everyone was the last Barenaked ladies album i acquired of the three I have but mine is a plain DVDA only. Quite goods as i remembre Ill have to hook it out and give it a listen.

My favorite of theire is definitly the double DVDA Are Me so much music on it

The barenaked ladies started out as a musical comedy group and one should not take their music too seriously. The tunes are OK and the 5.1 mix is better than decent. I sure like this disc a lot more than the last King Crimson that I bought. Definitely worth a dollar.

I agree that BNL leans to the comedy side of things but I did find this set to be quite enjoyable...which is a good because I paid $23 for it new when it came out.
A buck is a ridiculous price :)

Which KC disc were you refering to?

I received a package that came from burning shed yesterday in my mail that arrived during a snowstorm. This was my first order from them and could not believe how quuickly my order arrived. Purchased Porcupine Tree: F.O.A.B.P, The Incident and Anesthetize. They sent along a free N.A.O. cd that I haven't listened to yet. I will order again for the things I passed on. Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back