MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Here is two references to "Abby Normal".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Abby%20Normal

Abby Normal
Reference to Mel Brooks' comedic movie, "Young Frankenstein" (1974)--Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn, Peter Boyle, and Cloris Leachman as Igor, a humpback kinda guy.
After dropping a genius' brain jar for Frankenstein to implant in his creature, Igor picks up an "abnormal" brain. The Monster awakes and nearly kills Frankenstein. When questioned, Igor confesses he'd dropped the first brain and picked up someone else's, "Abby...someone." Abby Normal.
Any girl named Abby.
"Hi, my name is ___, and your's?"
"Abby"
"Abby Normal?" -- (snicker)

Abby Normal
Abby Normal is a singer/guitarist/bassist from Salisbury, North Carolina. He started playing bass with Maniac Spider Trash in 1993, played bass for Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13, and released a solo project in 1997 called "Midnight Creature Feature Picture Show." He also founded The Graveyard Boulevard with ex-Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 members Seaweed and Sicko Zero. Abby Normal is currently busy with plans to reunite and tour with the Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13.
Abby Normal is a nice guy who appreciates his fans.

:yikes

So whats it like?

I'm still waiting for mine.... :mad:

Well its a disc of 32 (!) tracks.. and I've had a marathon catch up today flicking thru discs on the 'to-listen-to' pile.. I only made it through 2 of the tracks.. before I got bored and put something else on!

The mix itself on those two songs had discrete elements in the rear for sure so from that point of view it's possibly worthwhile.. but performance and production-wise it felt a bit "flat".. I'll give it another try before I dismiss it altogether of course but it didn't grab me by the balls and go "RAAAAARRRR!!".. put it that way :p

Mando Diao - Aelita - Blu-ray

Wow! Great mix Mr. Prent... very crankable...

:banana:

I'm lovin' tha retro 80's synth thing.....

Makes me wonder what the 9.1 Auro 3D sounds like....

The Raven That Refused To Sing And Other Stories - Steven Wilson (BD-A).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 159
Speaking of being late to the party...

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on BD. What a fantastically-articulate mix! And I forgot how much I like Davey Johnstone's guitar work. What a great side-man. Right there with Mike Campbell (Heartbreakers) in my book.

Better late than never indeed. Great music and mix. I was just surprised you did not have this title yet, as you are at the forefront of 5.1 discovering all these gems for us, like the Mando Diao disc. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Where SW/PT discs are concerned I'm seldom at the forefront, Amazon lag behind Burning Shed at sending those discs out.. this is a rather extreme delay on my part though I grant you! You too my friend, have a great weekend :)

Where SW/PT discs are concerned I'm seldom at the forefront, Amazon lag behind Burning Shed at sending those discs out.. this is a rather extreme delay on my part though I grant you! You too my friend, have a great weekend :)
Yeah - I spend way too much at Burning Shed these days. Just preordered the new XTC and Yes mixes...

"V" - Maroon 5 (HFPA Stereo Blu-ray Audio).

not as compressed/loud as I feared but sounds like its smiley-faced EQ with big bottom end and forward treble.. still not an absolute disaster, just I suspect it's not much of an improvement on the redbook (which I haven't bought) I'll compare it to the iTunes later.. it may be an improvement.. bloody shame it's not in 5.1..

Back