MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I pre-ordered the Monty Python Live Blu-ray. Anyone else? I'm sure there will be musical sketches on this one.

large4733.jpg

"V" - Maroon 5 (HFPA Stereo Blu-ray Audio).

I'm impressed they are releasing recently recorded music on the format. Just so happens I don't like Maroon 5 (some guy trying to sing high-pitched like a girl) but very interesting to see it on Blu-ray.

I'm impressed they are releasing recently recorded music on the format. Just so happens I don't like Maroon 5 (some guy trying to sing high-pitched like a girl) but very interesting to see it on Blu-ray.

hmm.. it is admirable they're getting new music out on HFPA, though I'd have been more impressed if it had been in surround, or had better sound quality..

The radio silence on the HFPA facebook page is worrying though...no updates since April, and there has been some new product including the aforementioned Maroon 5 disc.

The radio silence on the HFPA facebook page is worrying though...no updates since April, and there has been some new product including the aforementioned Maroon 5 disc.

I have the details of the marketing company behind the HFPA Facebook, I'm tempted to drop them a line and see what the state of play is... not that it got me anywhere with ORM & Co @Universal before the 1st wave of HFPA's came out in France, neither he nor his assistant had the decency to respond to any of my emails. Even just a courtesy brush off thing would have been enough..

what's the surround like on this?

Practically non existent. I had to turn rears up by 10db and only a couple of tracks are in 5.1. The sound quality is fine, shame the tracks don't have decent surround mixes; big waste.

Practically non existent. I had to turn rears up by 10db and only a couple of tracks are in 5.1. The sound quality is fine, shame the tracks don't have decent surround mixes; big waste.

Thanks for the info keenly. It is a shame the surrounds poor.. iirc a reviewer on Amazon was pretty positive about the 5.1 on this disc, ho hum.

Thanks for the info keenly. It is a shame the surrounds poor.. iirc a reviewer on Amazon was pretty positive about the 5.1 on this disc, ho hum.

Some of the people reviewing on Amazon could not find there behinds in a well lit room.

Some of the people reviewing on Amazon could not find there behinds in a well lit room.

I am wary of a lot of reviews on there but still there are some decent contributions to be found.. as much a mixed bag as anywhere.

This site is an exception, you can rely on what's posted on QQ more often than not imho.. this forum really kickstarted my seeking out less well-known and common mixes and discs and so I try to give back as much as I can whenever I find some nugget of new info by posting here about it, in the spirit of the true sense of community that permeates this place. Still my favourite little corner of the web :)

I am wary of a lot of reviews on there but still there are some decent contributions to be found.. as much a mixed bag as anywhere.

This site is an exception, you can rely on what's posted on QQ more often than not imho.. this forum really kickstarted my seeking out less well-known and common mixes and discs and so I try to give back as much as I can whenever I find some nugget of new info by posting here about it, in the spirit of the true sense of community that permeates this place. Still my favourite little corner of the web :)

Trust me, Twilight is not great. I am not one to condemn a mix without first raising the level of rears; often there's lots of music, vocals in rears at ridiculously low levels.

I value SH forums for thoughts on sound quality; some technical experts on there, although they can often be dismissive to 5.1.

Obviously here is the place to get feedback on 5.1 titles :}

Trust me, Twilight is not great. I am not one to condemn a mix without first raising the level of rears; often there's lots of music, vocals in rears at ridiculously low levels.

I value SH forums for thoughts on sound quality; some technical experts on there, although they can often be dismissive to 5.1.

Obviously here is the place to get feedback on 5.1 titles :}

As long as it's not a disc done by Steve Hoffman; those you can throw out IMO

not as compressed/loud as I feared but sounds like its smiley-faced EQ with big bottom end and forward treble.. still not an absolute disaster, just I suspect it's not much of an improvement on the redbook (which I haven't bought) I'll compare it to the iTunes later.. it may be an improvement.. bloody shame it's not in 5.1..

How are the DR numbers on this?

Back