DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm listening the DTS track of the Kreator DVD right now.
It's really good. The only thrash 5.1 mix of a studio album I know.
:banana:

I have been trying to get this album in 5.1 now for 4 months. Bought the wrong version initially. No surround version on amazon.

Anjulie (Monster Music CD + 96/24 DTS 5.1 DVD-V),
Six String Theory - Lee Ritenour (Monster Music CD + 96/24 DTS 5.1 DVD-V).

With Sincere Thanks to Dr.Simple (Paul) (y)

Anjulie (Monster Music CD + 96/24 DTS 5.1 DVD-V),
Six String Theory - Lee Ritenour (Monster Music CD + 96/24 DTS 5.1 DVD-V).

With Sincere Thanks to Dr.Simple (Paul) (y)

Keen to know what the Anjulie is like...

I thought you had the Six String Theory disc??

Keen to know what the Anjulie is like...

I thought you had the Six String Theory disc??

I don't think I'll get a chance til the weekend now but once I get a mo to sample Anjulie's delights I will report back! :)

no I didn't have the 5.1 mix, I just couldn't warm to the album when it came out, plus I had no luck finding the Monster set thru the usual sellers, though I have to say I LOVE Lee Ritenour & much of the talent on the album, just it kinda went over my head at the time (albeit in stereo) I'm hoping in surround it'll grab me more by the cajones! :D

is anyone have heard and can share opinion about surround mix on this one?
supposedly with 5.1 DTS

View attachment 12183
View attachment 12184

I don't have it but it looks like its on the Nuclear Blast label who did a fair few DVD-A's (and I think the "Manowar" SACD.. *) so its probably a genuine 5.1 mix as opposed to upmix/ambience/double stereo, etc.

I don't have it but it looks like its on the Nuclear Blast label who did a fair few DVD-A's (and I think the "Manowar" SACD.. *) so its probably a genuine 5.1 mix as opposed to upmix/ambience/double stereo, etc.

thank Adam. issue isn't in label but in the mix itself. i have all three mentioned and albeit all of them lossless, mixwise they aren't exemplary.
and yes, Manowar SACD on Nuclear Blast as well. i'd tempted with this dual disc but high "fidelity" in DTS and shipping from EU...
kind of holds me off for now. would love to get lil'bit more info.

I would buy the Muse Resistance in 5.1, if I could only find the right one for sale.

I bought a copy that was falsely advertised to contain the 5.1 DVD for $40 + $40 shipping from Australia from a buyer that disappeared off the face of the earth, and eBay wanted me to ship it back before they would refund anything (costing me another $40+). So I'm a little gun-shy trying to obtain this one at this point.

From Mighty Oaks/Hopes Wishes and Dreams.. - Ray Thomas (Esoteric Records Limited Edition Box Set incl. DVD-V w/5.1 repurposed from unreleased Quadraphonic mix).

From Mighty Oaks/Hopes Wishes and Dreams.. - Ray Thomas (Esoteric Records Limited Edition Box Set incl. DVD-V w/5.1 repurposed from unreleased Quadraphonic mix).

I quite like that one... pity its only Dolby...

Received this today. My wife was going to get it for me for Xmas but the Amazon Marketplace seller couldn't ship in time, so she got me Mute Records Audiobox instead. However, on the Sunday before Xmas, Amazon themselves got stock in at £21.99, so I jumped right on it. the DTS 5.1 sounds very bloody nice indeed!

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (180g Vinyl and DVD-V 5.1 24/48 DTS and DD, Stereo 24/96 PCM)
1538697_10152181594115499_161208439_n.jpg

1532164_10152181597940499_1784909995_n.jpg

Frost* - The Philadelphia Experiment (2CD + DVD-V [DD 5.1])
Not exactly an album, yet still very well worth hunting down for the surround mix of the 17-minute track The Dividing Line.

Back