The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quad.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HFPureAudio1

The 5.1 remix of the original Quadrophenia (1973) will be released as a single-disc Blu-Ray Audio Disc....

:banana: :smokin :phones (y) :banana: :smokin :phones (y)

Looks like June 10, 2014

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JOWHV3Y?tag=ilovethatsong-20

....oh...and I dig the 2013 concert as well... :phones

I can't wait until June. Quadrophenia in 5.1 is one of my Top 3 dream multi-channel recordings.

P.S. To those here who bought the very expensive Director's edition of Quadrophenia, I feel your pain. The Who should give you the full 5.1 version. Period.
I hope The Who make good on that for you guys. (y)

Hand on heart, I'm still happy I got the big old box because it is a beautiful package, made with real TLC., plus I'd have still got the box with or without 5.1 as it's such a stunning piece of work by one of my all-time favourite acts.

The prospect of a new Blu-ray Pure Audio with the whole album in 5.1 nigh on has me frothing at the chops in fevered anticipation -- I CAN HARDLY BLOODY CONTAIN MYSELF WAITING FOR THIS..!!!!!!!!! :wave

I had to by the Quadraphenia box set, and I'll have to buy this if the whole album is in 5.1, come to think of it I'll have to buy it any way :alienrob:

Good news, but I also feel ripped off. I guess they correctly predicted that I'd buy it all over again if the whole album was released in 5.1. They were right. I am a sucker for this album.

I am hoping that this includes a new and improved mix of the eight songs that were previously released in 5.1.

I for one cannot wait for my Mod Headlight Button and 6” Mod Headlight Sticker. Do you think pinning the badge to my DSOTM scarf will decrease it's value?

But seriously, I'm glad I held out for for the full original album in 5.1 as a stand alone disc - as long as that turns out to be true.

Edit: Here's a link to the stand-alone disc. Doesn't confirm 5.1 though:

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/...blu-ray-hd-pure-audio-2014/invt/0602537808137

I saw them do this last year in Cardiff, it was fantastic Daltrey still has loads of energy on stage. So this looks like a must have :smokin

So, who does Bell Boy?

(I hesitate to say "sings", because to paraphrase a review I once read of The Who Sings My Generation, Keith did many things to Bell Boy but "sing" wasn't one of them.)

Keith Moon's voice and image were superimposed for his vocal bits on "Bell Boy", when I saw them a little over a year ago.

Sounds like the only way to do it.

I've since seen a preview video, and the way it (the preview) was edited made it look like John was on stage - obviously, his image is actually up on the background projections, but it made me jump for a second.

I signed into Q cloud and emailed whomever asking if we will get the full 5.1 mix at no additional cost as promised. We'll see if I get a response.

Can someone explain this to me or is it still to early to know this. If I order the bluray only does it have the live in london and the complete 1973 5.1 mix on it or is there going to be a 1973 bluray and a seperate live in london bluray?
I do not have interest in buying a box boxset due to the price of these things.

peter

Can someone explain this to me or is it still to early to know this. If I order the bluray only does it have the live in london and the complete 1973 5.1 mix on it or is there going to be a 1973 bluray and a seperate live in london bluray?

peter
There is a Blu-ray and a Blu-ray Audio, so that's 2 separate disks.

peter

Hi Peter, :)

It looks like they are doing this the complete opposite of the Director's edition of a few years back. They are releasing everything as a single as well as the set.
So you can buy just:

1973 5.1 remix
2013 Concert Quadrophenia
2013 Concert 2 CD set audio only
as well as the boxset.

(y)

I await with baited breath to order, clearly and without any mistake, the Quadrophenia 5.1 HFPA Blu Ray standalone single disc. As Orson Wells used to say, "There will be no wine before its time." Thanks.

Thanks for the responses and rereading this thread see others are confused as well to the amazon preorders as i don't see a clear cut link yet for the 1973 5.1 as thats what I want, the 2013 concert is of some interest but will wait to see what people say about that one before ordering.
If anyone has a amazon link for the 1973 5.1 please let me know or if i see will add it, thanks

If you go here:
http://theseconddisc.com/2014/04/17...e-box-release-5-1-surround-of-original-album/

You will find this link Quadrophenia: The Original Album Blu-ray Pure Audio (Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. )

And this link Single-Disc Blu-ray: (Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. ) Quadrophenia: Live In London – Concert Film

The link for the original Album in Blu Ray Audio still gives this as Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Pure Audio) and it is listed as DVD-A......Urgh - Snood so wants to spend more money but Amazon is making it hard on me Grrrrr

Back