The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Fred. I passed on the box a few years ago because the entire album wasn't remixed in 5.1, which I found very disappointing. I also missed this recent tour so I'll simply justify buying the box set as offsetting the price of a ticket to the show. Rationalization is a wonderful thing. Plus there's a bit of a preview of the show here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwFn9-Pdjk

Thanks again Fred. I passed on the box a few years ago because the entire album wasn't remixed in 5.1, which I found very disappointing. I also missed this recent tour so I'll simply justify buying the box set as offsetting the price of a ticket to the show. Rationalization is a wonderful thing. Plus there's a bit of a preview of the show here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwFn9-Pdjk

No problem, anytime :) I may still go for the box set this time round, funds permitting. From the look of that clip Pete & Roger are doing alright, more than alright! They look and sound on amazing form! Out and out Legends! (y)

These links list the live concert film: Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Pure Audio) [Live]
It could very well be a mistake but why would you assume otherwise?

Amazon US has changed their format description from DVD-A to Blu-ray Audio (y)

Still gonna wait to order til I see the actual picture with the actual bluray on Amazon.............

Just don;t trust Amazon enough yet.............even tho I am a prime member. :rolleyes:

Still gonna wait to order til I see the actual picture with the actual bluray on Amazon.............

Just don;t trust Amazon enough yet.............even tho I am a prime member. :rolleyes:

I hear ya Snood. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Pure Audio BD figuring I can cancel if needed.

I'm for sure in for a 5.1 blu-ray of quadrophenia but at the moment it seems the single studio disc release isn't "limited" so I'm going to wait a couple weeks until the options get clarified - yes, ordering from Amazon and having their cancellation and price guarantee is a good safeguard but rather than jump in for something may not be a "rarity" and deal with mis-shipments and confusion etc I think at this point there is no harm in waiting a little bit for clarity.

So the first link is for the pure BR Audio of the original album in 5.1and the second link is for the BR of the concert film? So I can get both for under $50 instead of the box which I don't really need even though it just dropped in price? Good enough the cancel the order for the box. I can always create a DVD and rip the audio from the concert if I want and I don't care about the other physical stuff. I usually look at it once or twice and then back in the box it goes.

Last edited:
Amazon UK still has no listing for it.

its weird, I ordered it from Amazon UK last night (listing said Blu-ray Audio, was an Import and had the same catalogue info as the US listing for the Studio album Blu).. and now I've just gone back to check my order to forward the listing here it has disappeared! :yikes

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back