The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link for the original Album in Blu Ray Audio still gives this as Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Pure Audio) and it is listed as DVD-A......Urgh - Snood so wants to spend more money but Amazon is making it hard on me Grrrrr
It's Amazon - if you pre-order you can always cancel anytime before it is shipped. It might be the right listing. And you are guaranteed the lowest price even if it goes up.

If I remember you insert the DVD? and it will link you to Q cloud and then you enter the code which is on a piece of paper. Once on the site you can register; however its been a while since I set it up so I may be wrong

If I remember you insert the DVD? and it will link you to Q cloud and then you enter the code which is on a piece of paper. Once on the site you can register; however its been a while since I set it up so I may be wrong

Thanks, I'll give it a try (if a manage to find the paper with the code)

I think what is causing confusion for some of us is the Amazon title for the supposed studio release. It doesn't say studio release. Further adding to the confusion is the disc type is said to be DVD Audio. So far I haven't seen anything on Amazon that describes a BD of the original studio album.

Quad.JPG

^ I wasn't confused. The DVD Audio is the original album mix in 5.1. The other BD is the recent concert.

Didn't think I was either but kept seeing the "Live in London Blu-Ray" line and had doubts. If this is the real thing, Quadrophenia full album in discrete surround, I'm a buyer.

Just pulled the trigger for the big box. From what I'm reading the original album in 5.1 is only available in the box and not as a standalone disc. I don't understand why this is confusing.
Anyway, one of the benefits of my divorce is guilt-free purchases like this!!!

Just pulled the trigger for the big box. From what I'm reading the original album in 5.1 is only available in the box and not as a standalone disc. I don't understand why this is confusing.
Anyway, one of the benefits of my divorce is guilt-free purchases like this!!!

afaik, the Pure Audio Blu-ray of the studio album will be available separately. there are pre-orders @Amazon.com & Amazon.de

Hey Fred. For some reason I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Links, please?
Even the official Who site isn't listing this.

These links list the live concert film: Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Pure Audio) [Live]
It could very well be a mistake but why would you assume otherwise?

These links list the live concert film: Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Pure Audio) [Live]
It could very well be a mistake but why would you assume otherwise?

as I understand it, there is no Pure Audio Blu-ray of the concert, only a BD-Video and a Pure Audio BD-A of the original studio album with all tracks remixed into 5.1

check out the link to Universal's own store, rontoon :)
Thanks Fred! I still think I may just stick with the box since this is one of my favorite albums of all time. Having said that, I have always been a bit wary of "The Who Minus Two" on tour. I saw them tour Quadro with Entwhistle and Zach Starkey years ago. Can anyone vouch for this latest line-up and performance? Do the guys still have it?

Thanks Fred! I still think I may just stick with the box since this is one of my favorite albums of all time. Having said that, I have always been a bit wary of "The Who Minus Two" on tour. I saw them tour Quadro with Entwhistle and Zach Starkey years ago. Can anyone vouch for this latest line-up and performance? Do the guys still have it?

You're welcome :) the artwork is obviously wrong and there's some confusion in those Amazon listings but Paul S over @ superdeluxedition.com knows what he's talking about and he has provided those links, so as far as I'm concerned they're gospel :)

personally I would get the new box but I already shelled out big bucks for the big box a couple of Christmases ago and I'd be a tiny little bit miffed to have to fork out again just to get the whole album in 5.1 now rather than the 8 Trk EP DVD-A in the Director's Cut box.. but pee'd off at all as I'm so happy all the tracks are coming out in surround at last on a standalone BDA! YEAY! :D

Back