Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal Best 1991-2004 Acoustic Album, if only I could sing. A nice suitable surround mix deserving of high marks and envy.

He can sing and puts on a great show ...saw him this summer in Madrid..he's got very big and THICK SKINNED/HARD hands (which I thought was interesting considering how delicate and insightful his lyrics are!)

2alocz.jpg

:friday:

And to finish my nite of surround wonders,

Velvet Underground-Loaded.DTS DVD 5one.:sun

There are some excellent tracks on this 1970 release,; Sweet Jane, Rock &Roll, New Age,Train Round The Bend are amongst the better tracks !! Highly recommend this album. :upthumb

20161210_201537.jpg

The MIGHT
ELP

S/T

Playing the DVD-A in MCH and the missing ones from the Mac to make it the "original" songlist....

Right now, I'm on the 2nd Fate!!!!

Please AF or Sony Japan---- "That's The Way of the World" and "Spirit"!

I hope AF aren't that scared off from Multichannel SACD releases that they either don't release "Spirit" on SACD at all, or (worse) they release it as just a stereo SACD! :yikes

The self-titled debut from ELP is the first ELP music I have played in surround since Greg's death, and with the lingering thoughts of Keith's suicide this year as well, it's never been more difficult to listen to this music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT - Electronic Opus (BRA)
Blue Öyster Cult - Secret Treaties (SACD)
Coldplay - A Head Full Of Dreams (BRA)
Lichtmond - The Journey (BR)
pretty mixed bag one could say: from Hard Rock to Techno (kind of) to Pop to esoteric (kind of). What all have in common, is that the surround mix is pretty good...

I hope AF aren't that scared off from Multichannel SACD releases that they either don't release "Spirit" on SACD at all, or (worse) they release it as just a stereo SACD! :yikes

same here Ryan! that really would be a travesty/tragedy, not least because the Q8 I've heard sounds like crud and the SQ is, well its SQ.. but the surround mix is terrific and transcends the shortcomings of the old formats.. I can only imagine how incredible it could be from the 4-channel master tapes.. fingers crossed.. everything crossed! :eek:

The self-titled debut from ELP is the first ELP music I have played in surround since Greg's death, and with the lingering thoughts of Keith's suicide this year as well, it's never been more difficult to listen to this music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

put on BSS the other night and it was a tough listen at times.. but weirdly it was a little bit cathartic in the end, which I wasn't expecting..

Back