Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2665.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 128
"Tales of Mystery and Imagination" (LPCM 5.1 surround Blu-Ray Audio Disc)

On my 2nd listen through, and I'm thoroughly enjoying this disc!
Plus the box set is absolutely beautiful and is definitely money well spent! :)

"Tales of Mystery and Imagination" (LPCM 5.1 surround Blu-Ray Audio Disc)

On my 2nd listen through, and I'm thoroughly enjoying this disc!
Plus the box set is absolutely beautiful and is definitely money well spent! :)

Ryan, just saw that you are on 2nd listen, does that mean 2 listens right in a row as if that's the case then I am going to be even more impatient now waiting for mine to showup, as the good surround releases as long as I have the time do get an automatic replay in my house as one listen just does not do justice when you have just experienced a fantastic mix/recording.
Has Alan done as good a job as his previous masterpieces in surround?

peter

Ryan, just saw that you are on 2nd listen, does that mean 2 listens right in a row as if that's the case then I am going to be even more impatient now waiting for mine to showup, as the good surround releases as long as I have the time do get an automatic replay in my house as one listen just does not do justice when you have just experienced a fantastic mix/recording.
Has Alan done as good a job as his previous masterpieces in surround?

peter

Overall, this is very good! There are a few parts where I feel like the mix could be better, but overall, I'm extremely satisfied.
This could be one of my favorite 5.1 releases of the year, along with "Skylarking" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans"! :)

RPWL - plays Pink Floyd's "the Man and the Journey"

This is dvd-v of the band playing their live show in front of a small audiences audience. Unlike a lot of concert videos this one features discrete sound effects and much of the keyboard segments in the rears instead of the usual crowd noise. It features a simultaneous slide show and video clips that enhance the presentation. There are no heavy metal face-pulling guitar solos. Recommend...

http://www.rpwl.net/music/rpwl-plays-pink-floyd-the-man-and-the-journey/

I like RWPL and had seen this and wondered about it, so now I've bought it. Thanks for the review, Duncan :)

RPWL - plays Pink Floyd's "the Man and the Journey"

This is dvd-v of the band playing their live show in front of a small audiences audience. Unlike a lot of concert videos this one features discrete sound effects and much of the keyboard segments in the rears instead of the usual crowd noise. It features a simultaneous slide show and video clips that enhance the presentation. There are no heavy metal face-pulling guitar solos. Recommend...

http://www.rpwl.net/music/rpwl-plays-pink-floyd-the-man-and-the-journey/

Magenta - Seven Special 2 Disc Edition, I've already got Metamorphosis & Chameleon on ordinary CD but I've ordered the Surround version of Metamorphosis and debating getting Chameleon next.

Bette Midler - The Divine Miss M

OK....dammit. This is just too good. Whoa.

Gene, maybe it's time to petition Dr. Rhino for that QUAD master of The Divine Miss M which is literally rotting in their vaults!

It certainly deserves to be heard.:banana:

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe in 5.1
SO nice it's with the 1987 Orson Wells speak and extra Ian Bairnson solos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!
A pure 10 from me!:)

Fire Garden - Far and Near. Great music, excellent Bruce Soord surround mix.

I still can't bring myself to listen to anything with Greg Lake on :( RIP

Back