What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice gesture(y)..I love that disc...doesn't get enough credit IMO

So true. I love just about every song on the main hits disc, with probably the only exception being "Lips Like Sugar". The disc is especially great and unique since it has that amazing cover of "Walk On By" on it and the Acoustic versions in 5.1 too! If only all 5.1 discs packed as much material on it as this one does! :)

Following the recommendation of 4-earredwonder(maybe I will nickname him quad ears)I picked a new copy of this one up...and it came just in time today

001.jpg
005.jpg
003.jpg

It's finally mine!!!
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

To say I was happy to receive this as a Christmas present is definitely a huge understatement. I almost shed a tear when I realized what it was.
To finally have a legitimate copy of this SACD makes me so happy, and I'm playing the heck out of it right now on full blast!!!

:)

It's finally mine!!!
View attachment 23942

To say I was happy to receive this as a Christmas present is definitely a huge understatement. I almost shed a tear when I realized what it was.
To finally have a legitimate copy of this SACD makes me so happy, and I'm playing the heck out of it right now on full blast!!!

:)

Congrats! That's awesome! A Happy Christmas indeed!

I just put my on, too. The more the Merrier! :wave

Congrats! That's awesome! A Happy Christmas indeed!

I just put my on, too. The more the Merrier! :wave

Indeed! The whole album and 5.1 mix is one of the best I have ever heard, but I was particularly surprised at how much I enjoyed listening to the bonus track "Always Unknowing" just now. Equally as good as most of the other songs on the proper album IMO, so I'm glad they took the time and effort to remix that song in 5.1 too! :)

Indeed! The whole album and 5.1 mix is one of the best I have ever heard, but I was particularly surprised at how much I enjoyed listening to the bonus track "Always Unknowing" just now. Equally as good as most of the other songs on the proper album IMO, so I'm glad they took the time and effort to remix that song in 5.1 too! :)

Agree 100%.

This is one that could easily sit atop the poll. Along with all the fun stuff Bob Clearmountain did with surrounds, I also love how the vocals & instruments simply but naturally fade to the rear channels.

Thanks, Oxenholme!

Those look very intriguing! I am a huge fan of ARS Produktion's SACDs.

Another wonderful surround recording of theirs is

"Pictures - die 12 pianisten, Karlsruher Schlagzeug Ensemble" which includes an fantastic piano arrangement of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. The surround mix is über discrete...completely immersive with excellent fidelity!

View attachment 23873

View attachment 23874

I have them! They are excellent, and great fun. Have you got that Tacet version of Pictures with the notes going all over the place?

I have them! They are excellent, and great fun. Have you got that Tacet version of Pictures with the notes going all over the place?

That's one Tacet title I don't have...YET! I just ordered it. I really want to experience those notes going all over the place on Ravel's Miroirs, too. Can't wait! :51banana:

Always unknowing is my favorite song of that disc. ;)

Agree 100%.

This is one that could easily sit atop the poll. Along with all the fun stuff Bob Clearmountain did with surrounds, I also love how the vocals & instruments simply but naturally fade to the rear channels.

Yep, nothing is out of place or jarring on that album, and that goes for both the music and the way it's mixed in surround. A sublime experience from start to finish. :)

Alice Cooper - Muscle of love
The last Alice Cooper i bought back then.
It almost feels like an new album to me know.
I really like the surround but the stereo track is also very impressing.

Elton John -Elton John
The first time i hear this and it really is an impressing album.
The surround is really good also

Caroline Henderson Don't Explain sacd. So far only listened to the cd layer at work and songs 7 and 8 are unlistenable due to a pressing defect, so Im afraid the mc layer is going to be screwed too.

Back