What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No comment on the quad mix or sound? Oh it's in but you haven't listened to it yet, got it.

Actually, I am just listening to AF's Alice Cooper as I write. So, this is only my initial reaction, but I am really digging this! :banana: The fidelity is good! The surround mix is nice and immersive with plenty going on in the rear channels. I don't have the original Quad to compare it to. And I'll need a couple of more listenings before voting, but this album rocks! :spot

Last edited:
Almost all the best Silverline surround discs I've bought the last few years have been on your recommendation! Ta muchly! :upthumb

Another very highly recommended FULLY DISCRETE Silverline MLP DVD~A 5.1 gem: http://www.amazon.com/Feels-Like-Family-Lauren-Ellis/dp/B0009JOMD8

Disregard the silly AmazonUS reviews. It's a winner! Great 'gutsy' vocals, VERY tasty slide guitar and while you're adjusting the "azimuth" on your turntable, you can sway to the rhythms. And what else can you get for a 'penny' these days, AB, besides a "thought?"

Never mind the azimuth, Here's the Silverline winners..!! :D

(ps. "I've seen that movie too", i.e got the Feels Like Family 5.1 already thanks Ralphie but keep up the good work! :upthumb )

Big Head Todd and the something or others (DVD-A).

More info and pics to follow (Sorry I can't remember what its called off the top of my head...I picked it up cheap on way home - via a used record store :eek: - last night.. its a Silverline so it might be good, it might be not so good..!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jazz at the Movies Band - The Bedroom Mixes (DVD-A)

Silky smooth jazz. Some jazz purists will probably say this is just elevator music, but I like it. Senusal arrangements, beautiful playing and a discrete 5.1 mix. Oh yeah...I diggin' this. :51banana:

View attachment 23579

View attachment 23580

Jazz at the Movies Band - The Bedroom Mixes (DVD-A)

Right on the money, Brett. I've always LOVED this album(even have multiple copies for some inexplicable reason) and the sound is stunning on EVERY level.

Actually has some GREAT session players, as well. NO fly by nights.

Especially haunting is Last Tango In Paris and theme from The Bad & The Beautiful.

If you like Bedroom mixes then this is also a slam dunk release, as well http://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/cabaret/7219/dad4p.jpg

Yes, Brett, I need to get myself a scanner and learn how to use it!

This one...

image.jpeg

Yes, this is another excellent smooth as silk jazz album. I've been listening to Fourplay for some 20 years now and was thrilled when I saw they came out with a surround sound DVD-A.
Uh-oh! Silky jazz? Surround sound? The Jazz purists must be having a fit. :yikes LOL!!
Naturally, I jumped all over it. Yeah baby. YEAH!!! :banana:

Big Head Todd and the something or others (DVD-A).

More info and pics to follow (Sorry I can't remember what its called off the top of my head...I picked it up cheap on way home - via a used record store :eek: - last night.. its a Silverline so it might be good, it might be not so good..!)

If it's their Beautiful World album I'm intrigued...

This one...

View attachment 23582

Yes, this is another excellent smooth as silk jazz album. I've been listening to Fourplay for some 20 years now and was thrilled when I saw they came out with a surround sound DVD-A.
Uh-oh! Silky jazz? Surround sound? The Jazz purists must be having a fit. :yikes LOL!!
Naturally, I jumped all over it. Yeah baby. YEAH!!! :banana:

And while we're peddling schmaltz (NO, NOT really), Brett, we cannot overlook this one http://www.discogs.com/Dave-Koz-The-Dance/release/3715267

Superbly recorded and a wonderful discrete 5.1 DVD~Audio! :51banana:

The last (I think!) of the pre-orders arrived the AF SACDs of Judy Collins & Alice Cooper. I listened to the Judy Collins......................and yes the Whale calls made me think of the Star Trek movie! and there is a really good version of Sandy Denny's/Fairport Convention's "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?".

The last (I think!) of the pre-orders arrived the AF SACDs of Judy Collins & Alice Cooper. I listened to the Judy Collins......................and yes the Whale calls made me think of the Star Trek movie! ....

Did Adele respond to the whale calls?

Back