What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Loaded set arrived this morning...just some information about the shipping speed of Deep Discount..it shipped on the 12th and was received today(17th)...now that's a little faster than usual...but it's never real slow either..first order of business was to "free" the discs from that cardboard book sleeve arrangement...they didn't scratch when they were removed....so that's a good sign...but I wouldn't leave them in that configuration...I remove all my hi rez discs and put them in plastic containers..

002.jpg
004.jpg
003.jpg

The Loaded set arrived this morning...just some information about the shipping speed of Deep Discount..it shipped on the 12th and was received today(17th)...now that's a little faster than usual...but it's never real slow either..first order of business was to "free" the discs from that cardboard book sleeve arrangement...they didn't scratch when they were removed....so that's a good sign...but I wouldn't leave them in that configuration...I remove all my hi rez discs and put them in plastic containers..

View attachment 23088
View attachment 23089
View attachment 23090

Mine just arrived as well - holy cow...I didn't realize it was coming in a box this big....While it's not as big as an LP, it's about the size of 2 thirds of an LP. And the book...the book. Wow! Excellent book, with lots of pictures. Very, very cool.

It's too bad that he wasn't around to see the finished product...it's been over 2 years since he passed..

I agree - I think Reed was such an iconic figure in the underground music scene. Back in the day, I was clueless about him, or the VU. In reality...what opened my eyes was The Doors movie. They had some great tunes from VU and great scenes with Neco....from that point forward, I was "all over VU & Lou Reed" Like white on rice....like ugly on a duck.....

I didn't realize it was coming in a box this big....While it's not as big as an LP, it's about the size of 2 thirds of an LP.

It's almost--but not exactly--the same size as an "album" from back in the days when "album" meant exactly that. It looks a whole lot like what a collection of 10" 78s used to be sold in. I compared it to one of mine the day I got it...I think it's the same height but slightly less deep, though I've cleverly already forgotten. In fact once I ripped the audio and read the book, I put it on the same shelf with my 10" 78 albums.

Watched "The Mindy Project" last night...they went to a club called "Nico Reed's"!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jean Sibelius - Lemminkäinen Suite (DVD-A)

Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Jukka-Pekka Saraste (conductor)

"Another side" with Dylan isn´t the best of the surround discs but it is not bad.
On the other hand i think Blonde on blonde, Blood on the tracks and Slow train coming are excellent in case you´ll find them

This was an answer to an part of rtblurays post earlier:
(PS Also found a used Multichannel SACD copy of "Another Side of Bob Dylan" so I picked that one up too, but I know I definitely won't enjoy that one as much as these AF ones.)

I thought my message would be showing below his post when i pressed reply

"Another side" with Dylan isn´t the best of the surround discs but it is not bad.
On the other hand i think Blonde on blonde, Blood on the tracks and Slow train coming are excellent in case you´ll find them

(PS Also found a used Multichannel SACD copy of "Another Side of Bob Dylan" so I picked that one up too, but I know I definitely won't enjoy that one as much as these AF ones.)

I have all of the other Bob Dylan Surround SACDs too, and I love them all except for "Love & Theft". That one is just too terrible for me to likely ever listen to it again...:violin

You need to choose "Reply With Quote option in order to do it that way :)
I like the other Bobby D SACDs too, especially Slow Train Surround sounds amazing.

The Jeff Beck Group Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD has just arrived at me humble abode.
No time to listen to it right at the moment though as I am in the middle of my first full listen-through to "Deliverance" (by Opeth).
Maybe I'll listen to the Jeff Beck Group SACD right after. :)

Back