What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly there is way too much division on the listening front, so I abstain. There's no way I'm going to jump threads as I change formats during a single listened session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm.. What's wrong with the "Listening to now in surround" thread? That seems like a catch all to me..

Seems its the "What's the latest (insert format) added to the pile?" ones with all the granularity that seems to cause the most confusion, imho...

Umm.. What's wrong with the "Listening to now in surround" thread? That seems like a catch all to me..

Seems its the "What's the latest (insert format) added to the pile?" ones with all the granularity that seems to cause the most confusion, imho...

What if it's not surround...a CD... stereoSACD...mono SACD...3 channel SACD...VINYL...Download...my car radio...youtube..my neighbor singing on his balcony.,..what about just " WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO" and stop the insanity!:bounce17

image_12.jpeg

Everything showed up while I was traveling just like I planned. Late Saturday night - started with Gentle Giant - Octopus (!) then Velvet Underground- Loaded followed by Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings. It was a fantastic listen! Can't believe how much I liked VU; great mix. I did get the Beatles 1+ but the QQ buzz has been so bad I left it in the living room for family viewing instead of DADDEO listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't know why it's important to have a zillion different categories for something you are listening to...NOT BUYING...because you already have a category for that(and I can understand that part)..it's the like the mattress police...as soon as I put a DVD-V on a DVD-A thread.. it's like the world is over..someone will rush in there to let me know...I wish I could say I felt quilty and stayed up all night being upset..but I just shake my head....I used to just laugh about it...but now I get flashbacks from this movie..thanks for hearing my rant...

[video=youtube;2tUiESovgfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUiESovgfw[/video]

Nice post Clint. Since this happened to me I'm a little more gun shy about posting. It's tough when you stick a post in the wrong thread and see a reply starting with those dreaded words "You do realize....". Damn, I'm too old to be chastised ;)

Nice post Clint. Since this happened to me I'm a little more gun shy about posting. It's tough when you stick a post in the wrong thread and see a reply starting with those dreaded words "You do realize....". Damn, I'm too old to be chastised ;)

You can always post anything you want HERE...regardless of what format it is...I have tried to get it changed but no luck..I don't push the issue because this is a great forum with great mods...but it wouldn't take anything to start a thread entitled... What are you listening to...which would cover everything..and to be candid... I think more people would get involved if it was made that simple...they could leave the other threads there and when people got used to using the simplier version they would just be phased out...the information on those threads really isn't vital for anything in a archive sense..hopefully you will post on the thread I mentioned..I like to hear what others are listening to....hang in there Red

Everything showed up while I was traveling just like I planned. Late Saturday night - started with Gentle Giant - Octopus (!) then Velvet Underground- Loaded followed by Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings. It was a fantastic listen! Can't believe how much I liked VU; great mix. I did get the Beatles 1+ but the QQ buzz has been so bad I left it in the living room for family viewing instead of DADDEO listening.

Next up on your listening queue is the 5.1 mix of "Please Don't Touch", right? ;)

The Jeff Beck Group SACD. Nice fidelity IMO. Good mixes, only a couple of weak tracks. I would recommend this title to all.

These two came in today's mail from Music Direct (13% off sale). One surround, one isn't. Looks like there may be a scuff on the case for All Summer Long. How sloppy of them (Analogue Productions).

Attachments

• two_new_sacd_vetday_2015.jpg
    two_new_sacd_vetday_2015.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 181
Back