What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image_3.jpeg

A Silverline? How does it sound?

Musically pleasant, mixwise not upto much.. one to get down the line when you've exhausted other avenues perhaps?

(A brief personal history with the Silverlines.. :eek: ..a story reflected by many of you here I imagine.. I got a few years ago before I knew better.. picked up the slack the last few years.. and have now given up, the results don't justify the purchase no matter how cheap they are, time after time the mix is crap and/or the music is too.. they did do a few great surround titles, the Gordon Goodwin DVD-A's are outstanding.. but they're the exception rather than the rule imho,. some guys here like their various artists compilations but I can't be arsed, I like nice genuine mixes, hence going back to the future to remember the future of the days of future passed and getting all these old quad records, they very-seldom-to-the-point-of-never let you down :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (SACD)

Symphonies No. 31 "Paris" & No. 38 "Prague"

Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Josef Krips (conductor)

Opeth Damnation/ Deliverance
King Crimson THRAK

Just got home now; listening to Deliverance. First impressions okay, vocals in center sound great. I will need several listens to really judge this. Reading the liner notes I was surprised how Mikael felt about this time, I do not think anyone 'turned on him', that is unfair to the other band members IMO. Then again front men are normally egomaniacs who only think of themselves.

Back