What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scenes from the Italian Restaurant is one of my favorite BJ songs....both of those are excellent discs...

I'm looking forward to hearing all three in Multichannel. That'll be quite an evening of enjoyment. :)

image.jpg

Louis Spohr (DVD-A)

String Sextet in C Major Op.140
Nonet in F Major Op. 31

Camerata Freden

Dusty Springfield, Dusty in Memphis - SACD
What an fantastic record this is that now sounds better than any other version i have heard

Dusty Springfield, Dusty in Memphis - SACD
What an fantastic record this is that now sounds better than any other version i have heard

Glad you mentioned it...I need to play mine more...glad you like it...I wish they would release her early stuff on hi rez...I love "I only want to be with you"...what a song...

Glad you mentioned it...I need to play mine more...glad you like it...I wish they would release her early stuff on hi rez...I love "I only want to be with you"...what a song...

Samantha Fox did an excellent version of that song too. I wonder if I still have the tape.

video

Youtube is really getting obnoxious with the ads.

Although I bought both SACD's when they were released, Motown Two was a tough one to find in stores. Both are great musically and mix wise. They're also great demo's for your system. I've even wowed people with the CD layer on my various car stereos.

I've seen Michael McDonald several times live, including with Steely Dan. One of my favorite artists.

Have had very little new surround-wise spinning in the last few months. Now ... it pours.

Parcels waiting at home:
Foreigner 4
Machine Head (Deep Purple)
Best of the Carpenters
Boys and Girls (Bryan Ferry)
Dr. Chesky (long overdue...)

And coming VERY soon:
Octopus (Gentle Giant)
Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die (Jethro Tull)
Oranges and Lemons (XTC)
Fragile (Yes)
Premonitions (Steve Hackett)
Thrak (King Crimson)

And the BEST part? There is now a nicely-stocked bar (60+ bottles) in the listening area. It is going to be a great few weeks. Will I ever leave?

Have had very little new surround-wise spinning in the last few months. Now ... it pours.

Parcels waiting at home:
Foreigner 4
Machine Head (Deep Purple)
Best of the Carpenters
Boys and Girls (Bryan Ferry)
Dr. Chesky (long overdue...)

And coming VERY soon:
Octopus (Gentle Giant)
Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die (Jethro Tull)
Oranges and Lemons (XTC)
Fragile (Yes)
Premonitions (Steve Hackett)
Thrak (King Crimson)

And the BEST part? There is now a nicely-stocked bar (60+ bottles) in the listening area. It is going to be a great few weeks. Will I ever leave?

Come on now....do tell. 60 bottles of WHAT?

Come on now....do tell. 60 bottles of WHAT?

About 8 different amaris, 6 different vermouths,2-dozen or so whisky/whiskeys of various stripes, 3 unflavored vodkas, 5 gins, 3 tequilas, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Drambui, Luxardo, Amaretto, ... 4 different orange bitter, 4 different aromatics, and about a dozen other flavored bitters. Should keep me busy. :mad:@:

A Silverline? How does it sound?

It sounds good, Simon. It's one of the better Silverline's. The reviews on the poll that Clint provided a link to are spot on, especially Neil's. The surround mix is not super discrete, but the fidelity is good and so is the music. Robert Cray puts in a solid performance with some nice tunes. If you like Cray or the Blues, I'd say it's worth getting at a reasonable price. :upthumb

Back