What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cool name he had:spot

Here's another pretty cool name.

image.jpg image.jpg

Johannes Brahms (DVD-A)

The Auryn Series Vol. X

Piano Quintet F minor op. 34
Handel Variations op. 24

Auryn Quartet
Peter Orth, piano

Marvin Gaye 1.jpgMarvin Gaye 2.jpg
Just picked these up from a seller on the SH forums for $20. Great tunes and sounds fantastic! Definitely worth seeking out if you don't already have it.

Finally found one of these at a (relatively) reasonable price! (Thanks to a tip from a good friend :) ) $45 new/sealed from a seller on Amazon. A major hole in my collection filled.

20151001_174615.jpg

Today's FYE haul. Buy 1, get one for 50% off. 3 surround (2 DGG SACDs, 1 EMI dvd-audio) and one wish-it-was-surround disks.

Attachments

• 4titles.jpg
    4titles.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 221
  • store.jpg
    store.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 214
image.jpg

image.jpg

Another cool name...

Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin - 26 Préludes

Robert Schumann - Papillons Op.2

Claudio Arrau (piano)

..and that was "all that (we're) allowed.." as far as Elton in surround goes.. :(

I notice yours has wide hinge artwork but has been transferred into a (hard to find) narrow-hinged super jewel box that's in nice shape.. (fwiw my copy of the PTRd SACD came in the narrow hinge case along with appropriate inlays to fit.. interesting.. does your Peachtree SACD rear inlay appear to have been cut down at all?)
anyhow, since you've got wide hinge art in a narrow hinge case it might be worth swopping it out with one of the more common big hinged jobs and holding that narrow hinge case back for the inevitable when you next get an old narrow hinged artwork title in a cracked case, or the wrong case, etc.. just sayin :eek:

I promptly sold mine. I'll be keeping Sly & The Family Stone.

Your loss.. personally find Winelight's one of the finest 5.1 music mixes going, stunningly good surround from the multichannel maestro Scheiner, imho.

That's not to take away from 1.) your opinion (which counts) and 2.) the excellence of the Sly Quad (which is hard to dispute really.. great choice for SACD reissue on AF's part in every respect).

..and that was "all that (we're) allowed.." as far as Elton in surround goes.. :(

I notice yours has wide hinge artwork but has been transferred into a (hard to find) narrow-hinged super jewel box that's in nice shape.. (fwiw my copy of the PTRd SACD came in the narrow hinge case along with appropriate inlays to fit.. interesting.. does your Peachtree SACD rear inlay appear to have been cut down at all?)
anyhow, since you've got wide hinge art in a narrow hinge case it might be worth swopping it out with one of the more common big hinged jobs and holding that narrow hinge case back for the inevitable when you next get an old narrow hinged artwork title in a cracked case, or the wrong case, etc.. just sayin :eek:

It hasn't been altered...as far as I can see...

Back