Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did ask Paul Sinclair at the same thread that Ryan found this:

"Paul, great work as always.
Just saw your comment of Seeds of Love coming out this year, thats awesome news.
Did you do work on the writeup for this again as with previous TFF boxsets?
Of course fill us in on any definite prerelease information on this release as should be a great release."

Paul Sinclair says:
August 10, 2016 at 07:25
"Yes, I interviewed just about everyone, for the notes, similar to Big Chair"

Would think then that Paul Sinclair will break the news first about this boxset since he has again had input into the writing of the liner notes.

Paul Sinclair has addressed the "Seeds of Love" reissue in his 2017 preview:

As some of you will know I was involved in both The Hurting and Songs From The Big Chair Tears For Fears reissues. After consecutive box sets in 2013 and 2014, it looked like we’d see The Seeds Of Love in 2015 but that never happened and the TFF cupboard was bare in 2016, also. I do get asked about this reissue a lot and all I can say is that hopefully those seeds will germinate in 2017. The work is largely done and Steven Wilson created his 5.1 mix ages ago (he announced this on his site, so that’s not really a secret). A potential spanner in the works is that Roland and Curt have been promising a new album for the last three years and if they deliver it in 2017 they won’t want the reissue out at the same time. Watch this space.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/feature/sde-reissue-preview-for-2017/

I sure hope there will be a stand alone bluray, like "Songs..."

Now I need to play that one!

I sure hope there will be a stand alone bluray, like "Songs..."

Now I need to play that one!

I'm pretty sure there will be a single Blu-Ray edition when they finally get the reissued editions out there.
If anything, there will probably be DVDA-V (or just DVD-V) in the box set and Blu-Ray outside of it (just like the other TFF and Simple Minds reissues thus far.) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the spirit of the upcoming tour with Hall and Oates, maybe this will be a 2fer release containing a bonus 5.1 Hall and Oates album. ;)

In the spirit of the upcoming tour with Hall and Oates, maybe this will be a 2fer release containing a bonus 5.1 Hall and Oates album. ;)

Oh goodness no, can they not please?
[emoji1304][emoji51][emoji1304]

ADDENDUM: Actually H&O's classic catalogue is on different labels than "The Seeds of Love". Thank goodness! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAN! I would take any H&O in surround. Oh, and TfF as well. All is good IMO. :)

I would love War Babies in surround, my favourite H&O album by miles, from 1974 and not overly commercial. Todd Rundgren produced, and a massive Todd and Utopia presence on the album. Every Todd fan needs this album!

I'm with you there. I've wanted to pick up some of the MOFI releases on vinyl but my budget for media is way blown with surround SACD and Blu-ray releases already...I'd go into debt a little more for surround but not for stereo.

Agreed!! I got the SACD of H&O 'Rock n Soul' from CDJapan a while back, and it's brilliant (even though it's stereo). The fidelity is wonderful. Surround mixes, particularly of their 80's albums would be awesome.

As for TFF, having SW mix Phil Collins drums in "Woman In Chains" would be a career highlight for me. :)

Over on SDE today, Paul Sinclair mentions a forthcoming reissue of Elemental.

I was commissioned by Universal to interview Roland for an Elemental reissue which is queued up behind Seeds!

Obviously it's a little early to be counting our chickens on this one as we haven't even gotten the Seeds of Love set yet, but hopefully Mr. Wilson will work his magic on Elemental as well!

EDIT: Sadly, the subject of Elemental came up because Alan Griffiths, who co-wrote much of the album with Roland, has just passed away.

Obviously it's a little early to be counting our chickens on this one as we haven't even gotten the Seeds of Love set yet, but hopefully Mr. Wilson will work his magic on Elemental as well!

EDIT: Sadly, the subject of Elemental came up because Alan Griffiths, who co-wrote much of the album with Roland, has just passed away.

Oh , man, that sucks..RIP, Alan!!!!

I've had my SOL LP rip in quarantine since they announced that SW was doing the MCH mix, so it will be refreshing to hear it in "Surround-o-visiorama"...

That is fantastic news! :)

I absolutely love Elemental! It's an album that still sounds fresh even today. This is one I'd love to hear in 5.1 so I hope they find someone to mix it tastefully.

Very sad to hear this. He was the second half of Tears For Fears for much of the 90's and his contribution to Elemental and Raoul & the Kings of Spain helped make these underrated albums still sound great today. R.I.P. Alan.

I just hope that they can finally get "The Seeds of Love" reissue out this year so that way they can reissue "Elemental" next year for its 25th anniversary.

I just hope that they can finally get "The Seeds of Love" reissue out this year so that way they can reissue "Elemental" next year for its 25th anniversary.

I'd be more than happy with that. :)

Today over on SDE, Paul Sinclair was asked about a release date for this. He replied:

The short answer is “I don’t know”. Probably 2018. The format will be consistent with the others (The Hurting, Songs From The Big Chair) – it was designed ages ago and looks great! If Universal issue what Steve Hammonds and I put together, it will be a stunning box set!

So maybe it's a new album this year (the last interview that I read with Curt said that the album was currently being mixed) and then the Seeds of Love box next year.

Last edited:
No word on a possible release date for the first Roxy Music album in surround yet? :(

AVALON was such a stellar example of the medium (and coming late to the party, I found it at OOP prices -- won't be late on the first album! If it comes out at all at this point :lookaround ).

Back