Steven Wilson Gentle Giant "Interview" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos Remix out in June!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought from Amazon Canada too.
2 days ago it said Aug.4
This morning I get a shipping notice, it arrives today. LOL

Frustratingly the UK release of this has been pushed back yet again to 21 July. I don't understand how this was released so much earlier in the US!
I ordered from the Burning Shed. Got shipping notification on Weds. Waiting for it to drop through the letter box...

My home is becoming a shrine to a certain Mr Steven Wilson...

It arrived an hour ago, when I was up the plot, giving it a good watering and picking raspberries, which I freeze, as I make homemade jam from them. De pipped as well!!

Playing it now.
Nice graphics, etc

No spoilers

But it sure has Steven in an expansive, mixing mode.

And it's great 👍

Oh yes , from Burning Shed

Last edited:
I've had the blu-ray for a while now and am listening to it for the first time right now. I am very enthusiastic about the sound, but I didn't expect anything else from Mr. Wilson.

what amazes me is that no one seems to complain that the packaging has changed. At least on the European market, the CD is no longer released in a digipack, but in a very narrow cardboard slipcase that doesn't match the rest of the collection.

This is definitely a big disadvantage for me as a collector. I have now obtained the article from the American market, where the packaging is apparently consistent with Gentle Giant's previous releases.

What does the package on the UK-market look like? Doesn't anyone find it quite annoying as well if a new release doesn't fit the previous ones?

I've had the blu-ray for a while now and am listening to it for the first time right now. I am very enthusiastic about the sound, but I didn't expect anything else from Mr. Wilson.

what amazes me is that no one seems to complain that the packaging has changed. At least on the European market, the CD is no longer released in a digipack, but in a very narrow cardboard slipcase that doesn't match the rest of the collection.

This is definitely a big disadvantage for me as a collector. I have now obtained the article from the American market, where the packaging is apparently consistent with Gentle Giant's previous releases.

What does the package on the UK-market look like? Doesn't anyone find it quite annoying as well if a new release doesn't fit the previous ones?
The packaging is square and taller than the others in the series, I did moan about it when it arrived, it looks totally out of place on my shelf ☹️

The packaging is square and taller than the others in the series, I did moan about it when it arrived, it looks totally out of place on my shelf ☹️
Thanks for your reply. Did you complain to someone (for example the seller or the label) or did you "just" moan to yourself?

What I totally don't understand is that there actually *is* a version which is consistent to the first four in the series, but apparently only available in the US...

Thanks for your reply. Did you complain to someone (for example the seller or the label) or did you "just" moan to yourself?

What I totally don't understand is that there actually *is* a version which is consistent to the first four in the series, but apparently only available in the US...
I had a moan in here the day it arrived, I like a moan lol

Glad to see the fun video animations are back as well (I particularly liked the one for "Another Show") - they even rectified the one misstep on the Free Hand Blu-Ray, which is that said videos were featured only with the stereo & 5.1 mixes. This time, you get the Atmos mix with video too.
Yeah--that's one of the things I appreciate about this release. Do we know who's responsible for the videos (and where, in particular, the performance footage comes from)?

Yeah--that's one of the things I appreciate about this release. Do we know who's responsible for the videos (and where, in particular, the performance footage comes from)?
The performance footage was shot at the "ITN House" in London in April 1976 (looks like it was previously released as part of the 2006 GG At The GG DVD). As for the animations, I'm guessing Noah Shulman was involved?

The performance footage was shot at the "ITN House" in London in April 1976 (looks like it was previously released as part of the 2006 GG At The GG DVD). As for the animations, I'm guessing Noah Shulman was involved?
The ITN (International Television News) building (the private TV companies news, i.e. non-BBC) an odd place for a video! The main concert is in BBC Matrix H Quad.

Back