Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Well, something we all thought would happen now appears to be official!

http://www.theaquarian.com/2015/05/20/the-sonic-sorcerer-an-interview-with-steven-wilson/

I know you’re very busy at the moment with touring and promoting Hand. Cannot. Erase., but are you involved in producing or remixing any other records right now?

Not really. To be honest, the next year is pretty much wall-to-wall touring for me—we’ve got shows booked up until next February. So it means I won’t be in the studio much, if at all. There are some projects I completed last year, some remixing of classic albums, that have yet to be released but will be coming out over the next 12 months or so.

Are you able to reveal what those albums are?

I can tell you the ones that have been officially announced. We started on the Roxy Music catalog—the first Roxy Music album is coming out in surround sound soon. It was very exciting to get to work with those guys. And I started on the Tears For Fears catalog as well last year. Songs From The Big Chair came out just before Christmas, and The Seeds Of Love will hopefully be coming out this year.

Well there we have it Ladies and Gents. This is AWESOME news indeed! Happy Friday!!! :cool: :banana:

You'd better love Steven and you'd better behave...

YESSSSSSSS
Sorry , this goes out to Snood!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

As much as I like the news of this release..it's bittersweet for me...if he wasn't on this tour he could be pumping out a lot of projects...and that's a full year...but hey...just lucky to have him work on these projects..that's for sure:)

As much as I like the news of this release..it's bittersweet for me...if he wasn't on this tour he could be pumping out a lot of projects...and that's a full year...but hey...just lucky to have him work on these projects..that's for sure:)

We are lucky that he fills his downtime from Touring and writing, with re-mixing, new music old music all 5.1 who cares just keep them comming

I'm just happy were getting so many this year.Thankyou Steven.Should keep us all happy until Spring/Summer 2016.

WISH LISTS FOR 2016 will keep us all preoccupied.

-McFizz

Great album... can't wait. If I had to choose between Steven creating and touring behind original music (like Hand Cannot Erase) or spending all his time remixing old albums, I'll take the new material hands down! But luckily, we don't have to choose!

You'd better love Steven and you'd better behave...

YESSSSSSSS
Sorry , this goes out to Snood!!!

In High Pitched voice - Awwwwwwwwwwesome News and Awesssssome use of the banana

Look at it this way. The happier he is, the more likely he'll continue doing these surround mixes of other peoples music. We KNOW he doesn't do it for the money, as he's stated he hardly makes a thing, he does it for the love of the music. So, if recording and touring make him happy, and he continues writing new quality stuff like H.C.E., then he'll remain happy and willing to do more remixes of classic stuff when he has time.

A Happy Steven is good for surround music fans. Remember that!

I wish I could like this post 1,000,000 times! Seeds of Love is in my top ten favorite albums of all time. Having it remixed by Mr. Wilson will be a dream come true.

Steven's the man we love the most!!!!

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

Look at it this way. The happier he is, the more likely he'll continue doing these surround mixes of other peoples music. We KNOW he doesn't do it for the money, as he's stated he hardly makes a thing, he does it for the love of the music. So, if recording and touring make him happy, and he continues writing new quality stuff like H.C.E., then he'll remain happy and willing to do more remixes of classic stuff when he has time.

A Happy Steven is good for surround music fans. Remember that!

Not only that, but he's not able to control when these remixes are released. So besides ones we know we are getting this year, who knows what other albums have been remixed that we don't even know about yet.

We know "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" from King Crimson, "Fragile" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans" from Yes, "Oranges & Lemons" from XTC, "Roxy Music", and the 2 Steve Hackett albums (plus "Seeds of Love") have all been remixed and are awaiting a release. I'm betting one of the King Crimson and one of the Yes albums will be a 2016 release, but besides that, I bet there are more Roxy Music albums already remixed that are awaiting a release (hopefully at least the other four of the first five albums). :)

One thing Snood likey that he says is we "started" on the Roxy Music catalog - which leads to belief that many more Roxy Music albums might get the SW treatment they deserve :banana:

One thing Snood likey that he says is we "started" on the Roxy Music catalog - which leads to belief that many more Roxy Music albums might get the SW treatment they deserve :banana:

Indeed! And it also occurs to me that Steven referred to the Tears For Fears catalog. Perhaps The Hurting, Elemental and the others are on the agenda? Hope springs eternal!

:sun

Pretty good deal for you young kids. Us older folks will all die off before this stuff ever comes out.

Pretty good deal for you young kids. Us older folks will all die off before this stuff ever comes out.

Yes but they will entomb those releases with us, so that we may take them with us into the afterlife. Fear not Cupboy :snoodhug:

Seeds Of Love is a perfect album for surround.
This can be a killer mix.
I hope they will have a good quality control. :)

And I really was overwhelmed to be at his concert.
I liked it so much that I buyed two tickets for a repeat at
the beginning of the next year.

So everything is fantastic.
Mixes by Steven and concerts.

What a great time :)

Fantastic news... That's for sure!

Good to be alive... in surround sound!

Thank you, STEVEN!

:51banana:

Back