Zappa Roxy '73 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Rolling Stone recently reported that the Roxy DVD will finally see a release in October. Evo88 (an online retailer I have never heard of before) shows a listing for a CD/DVD package and says it has DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack. Also, if you look at the Wikipedia entry for the Roxy & Elsewhere release it quotes Joe Travers as saying "It's sitting in the vault. Waiting for a budget to do it properly. Basically the film footage, the negatives were transferred by Frank in the '80s using '80s technology. What we want to do is go back to the original negatives and do it in High Definition and then create a 5.1 mix from the original masters so that we have surround sound as well as Frank's 2 channel stereo mix. Once we get all that together, then we need to cut the program. Edit the program together, camera angles, what shows, what we are going to include from what shows or include all the shows. I have no idea what Dweezil and Gail want to do. It's great stuff, but the process of just getting to that point is going to cost a lot of money and take a lot of time." (Wikipedia also states "A four-channel quadraphonic version of the album was prepared and advertised, but not released.")

If "Dweezil" wants to start up a type of crowdfunding for ROXY AND ELSEWHERE in quad/5.1he can count me in!

Although I don't have great gobs of money, I would love to invest in this.And my contribution$ would be a donation!

This would also apply "doubly to quad reissue's of OVERNIGHT SENSATION and APOSTROPHE (and any other quads they can dig up from the ZAPPA FAMILY TRUST VAULT)

If that's what it takes to get ZAPPA in quad I'm all for it.

derek

If "Dweezil" wants to start up a type of crowdfunding for ROXY AND ELSEWHERE in quad/5.1he can count me in!

Although I don't have great gobs of money, I would love to invest in this.And my contribution$ would be a donation!

This would also apply "doubly to quad reissue's of OVERNIGHT SENSATION and APOSTROPHE (and any other quads they can dig up from the ZAPPA FAMILY TRUST VAULT)

If that's what it takes to get ZAPPA in quad I'm all for it.

derek

+1 (y)

The 5.1 DVD-Audios of QuAUDIOPHILIAc & Halloween are good. Would love to hear a 5.1 Joe's Garage.

Funny, I just picked up the Roxy and Elsewhere vinyl reissue yesterday. Absolutely love this album.

Hopefully, this is a sign of more high-res, 5.1 Zappa releases in the future. And I'm with fizzywigs41 - given the opportunity, I'd certainly throw in for a crowdfunding to get some releases out the door. Maybe we can finally get the unreleased One Size Fits All quad.

Wow. I first saw a preview for this (dated 1999!) on the Baby Snakes DVD. At that point it was to be "3 complete shows, 4 hours uncut". Well even though we won't be getting the whole enchilada this is a must-buy for me. I love this lineup.

Wow. I first saw a preview for this (dated 1999!) on the Baby Snakes DVD. At that point it was to be "3 complete shows, 4 hours uncut". Well even though we won't be getting the whole enchilada this is a must-buy for me. I love this lineup.

Very disappointing. Been waiting over 25 years for this fucking thing!!!

I'll take 116 minutes for $17, beats 0.

I just tried to buy this from that crazy web-site. I set up an account and got the blu-ray in the cart but every time I tried to check out it bounced me out. Nowhere was I asked to provide a credit card number and I'm kind of glad I didn't. I'd love to by this but not from this weird place. :mad:@:

I'm sure it'll show up for pre-order on Amazon and Barfko soon.

I hope this has a real surround mix and not a multi channel stereo one like Zappa Plays Zappa.

I hope this has a real surround mix and not a multi channel stereo one like Zappa Plays Zappa.

Blu-Ray - Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio, LPCM Stereo

DVD - Audio: DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo

Back