Nosound - Scintilla (CD + blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else listen to the FLAC yet? I downloaded it on Monday, and I've listened to it a few times since, and I've gotta say, the youtube samples don't really do it justice. Very lush mix, and excellent sound quality. Really stoked for this!:banana:(y)

Hello guys,

yes very curious to know your thoughts about the 5.1 link I sent. If I can I'll try doing the same with the new singles planned (next week good news for everyone who's preordering!! :) ).

In terms of mixes, as you know I'm not a lover of 'special fx' when mixing music in surround, I like it to feel natural to the music instead of making it scream HEY I'M SURROUND with weird (or forced as I would say) placement of instruments. I know others like more 'special fx' but this music I think deserves a different way.

Also as you know I'm not a big fan of pushing too much (if at all) the sub, because most of user/prosumer setups, and so the ones not touching or tweaking too much, already have their sub loaded from signal from other speakers, while the professional/audiophile setups are the ones that configure properly their system: it means they can adjust their sub higher if they like it more, or they have anyway full size speakers not really needing much sub with normal music.

An important news is that I managed to get complete control over the Bluray as well, like I did in the past with our DVD-(A)Vs to ensure compatibility and highest quality also thanks to prior tests here with you. The Bluray will be packed with lossless PCM 24/96 stereo and 5.1, so all uncompressed pure PCM without any dolby truehd or dolby ma (that are not always compatible with all players, and indeed BD specs indicate as mandatory on every players only PCM). I'll include as well the videos of all the singles, and if I can fit in it the plans are to have an extensive photo gallery and also all our publicly released previous videos (since Lightdark!) that are all in HD, with both stereo and surround PCM.

To make everyone happy I'll make it a region free and I'll encode everything at 23.9 fps standard, that will make it compatible with old and new NTSC and PAL systems.

So...let me know what you think about this mix :)

And also if some of you is in US with an 'old' NTSC system to test that all looks good :) I'll need a few people with different systems/regions able to use a test image I'll prepare (so download the BDMV, burn it on a Bluray disc and play it). Also if anyone has a PS3 and/or PS4 let me know via private message(s).

This will allow us to have Blurays in the future, and possibly to more Kscope acts (and not only) as I'm going to offer this service to other bands, as I'm now all equipped with industry standard software to do compliant files ready for replication factory. All your help will be most welcome, to keep offering you and our fans only the best quality at the best possible price!

And by the way...thank you for all preorders, the more they keep coming (and we're going very well!) the more we'll go forward :)

Really appreciate your support!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

as promised there's a good news to reward all our preorders. Every preorder placed within 30th of June on our store, will receive on 15th of July the free digital Scintilla EP! (cover attached below).

This EP will contain the three singles, in high quality 320kbps mp3, plus a high resolution PDF booklet. A free appetiser before the whole meal! Talking about the whole meal, just this morning I finished rendering and burning the latest bluray master, and I can confirm is well packed and all working nicely (hopefully some external tests will start as well next week). Hopefully the ability to produce that as well 'in house' will open for us possibility of bluray only releases for the future :D

scintillaep.jpg

Second single out
Post from Facebook:

Finally we can preview exclusively for our fans the second single/video from new album Scintilla! Again something different from the first single and from what we've done before, with a fully italian language track!
A lengthy minimalist ballad featuring the amazing Andrea Chimenti at vocals and rich in arrangement and guitars work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x665QyfeqcQ

Another great track, really love the mood of the album teasers....easily see this making my top list for the year - and I haven't even heard the hi-res 5.1 yet!

Got the email this morning with the download of the 3-track EP, playing it now. Wow, these tracks just mesh together so well....just 2.0 mp3...cannot wait for the 5.1 stuff...lovin' it....so very highly recommended.

Yes I can confirm me sent the EP to all eligible preorders, and received today the test disc for the Bluray, going to replication now :)

This week there will be another surprise about Emily, the track included in the EP (and center of the new Diary I just posted online).

Is my understanding that Kscope started sending promos of the album finally...is getting out there!

That's actually my favourite track of all the album probably...although short, personally it concentrates all that Nosound was and I still like, and all that will be :)

All orders from our official shop at Burning Shed should be shortly with most of you :)

Is there anyone who's going to do the usual poll here for new releases? Many surround lovers would be probably be interested in that, considering is our first Bluray release and we hope it will be and do well enough to allow us to do more!

All orders from our official shop at Burning Shed should be shortly with most of you :)

Is there anyone who's going to do the usual poll here for new releases? Many surround lovers would be probably be interested in that, considering is our first Bluray release and we hope it will be and do well enough to allow us to do more!

Hi, Giancarlo.
I'm the QQ member who is now responsible for creating polls for high-res DVD-A/V, SACD, and Blu-Ray releases.
I will definitely be making a poll for this release around either the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Stay tuned for that!

:)

Well, got the vinyl today, but still waiting on the blu-ray. Odd they weren't shipped together... :confused:

IMG_20160831_211230_833.jpg

IMG_20160831_211018_073.jpg

Wonderful music, and beautiful artwork and packaging. I'm spinning it right now and the 45 RPM vinyl sounds incredible. :phones I can only imagine how great the blu-ray's going to sound. Seems like a total knock-out with this one. Congrats Giancarlo!

Also very cool to see the shout-out to the QQ and a few select members in the liner notes. :)

My copy of the Blu Ray arrived this morning and I had chance to listen straight away. :) It's a very, very classy recording/visual experience!

It also got me thinking; has any other artist done a combined hi-res 5.1 with high definition music videos (not live) to go with each song? I can't think of one.

Back