Nosound - Scintilla (CD + blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I love about Nosound, the ability to let the music infuse and envelop you when listening, a total involvement. Its what I try to do at gigs and switch off to everything else, and when people chat, or tap away on their mobiles throughout a gig you do wonder why they bothered to go!

Just seen that the pre-orders for the new nosound album will begin on 20th May. See http://www.nosound.net/

nosound_new.jpg

Hello everyone, just a quick one to confirm that yes it will be bluray, no more dvd-a they do only dvd-v dts2496, so we choose to invest part of our revenues to get it on bluray :)

Actually closing last two surround mixes these days!

But the vinyl mix and package (plus an additional limited we're working on) is going to be the most visually spectacular..this album is made for vinyl I think...and surround ;)

Hello everyone, just a quick one to confirm that yes it will be bluray, no more dvd-a they do only dvd-v dts2496, so we choose to invest part of our revenues to get it on bluray :)

But the vinyl mix and package (plus an additional limited we're working on) is going to be the most visually spectacular..this album is made for vinyl I think...and surround ;)

So Kscope no longer supports DVDA then? That's good to know. I'll only buy releases from them if they are on Blu-Ray, and since you consider it important enough to release this album on Blu-Ray, I'll do my best to buy it. Thanks Giancarlo! :)

There are a couple of threads on QQ about ripping blu ray, lots of info there. There are voarious ways, but the end result is the same, hi res flac files :) When you need some help, just let me know.

I will! My problem has just been blocking out time. Most free time these days goes toward finishing my own surround album project. Or I get home and I'm exhausted from work!
I don't know if it's interesting to note that my PC's BD burner does not like all authored music BDs. It accepts some, but not all. Frustrating.

hey Giancarlo, we have had talk sometime ago about that would be interesting to do next album's version for LP encoded in SQ matrix.
so, what do you have decided?

I'll be on the road on May 20 so I hope any extra goodies are still available on the 23rd when I'm home (maybe late 22nd)...I think this is at the top of my "anticipation" list right now...can't wait to hear it!

Vinyl and cd/bda combo are up for ordering at Burning Shed. Love the price for the cd/bda pack, GBP11,99. Thanks Giancarlo for keeping cost low :)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/product/44/7605/

After a decade of crafting a very particular type of widescreen melancholia and wistful imagery, Nosound's fifth studio album Scintilla introduces a wholly new musical and visual approach for Giancarlo Erra's ever-evolving band.

Inspired by personal upheaval and a desire for change, Scintilla is an emotionally complex and musically direct work presenting a stripped-down set of compositions that mark a major departure from Nosound's trademark symphonic lushness and production precision.

Taking in influences from Post Rock, Shoegaze and Alt-Singer-Songwriters, the album imaginatively utilises a mostly organic and acoustic sound palette.

Musically looser and more sonically intimate than the band's previous releases, Scintilla's emphasis is placed firmly on feeling rather than technique.

Anathema's Vincent Cavanagh lends his distinctive vocals to two of the album's tracks, and cellist Marianne De Chastelaine returns once more to the Nosound fold (this time in a more free-flowing and improvisational capacity). Acclaimed Italian singer Andrea Chimenti co-writes and sings on the serene Sogno E Incendio.

Shifting from the uncharacteristic sarcasm of Love Is Forever and potent anger of The Perfect Wife to the dreamy sensitivity of Emily and the unusually uplifting Celebration Of Life, Scintilla represents the boldest statement of Nosound's career so far.

A cathartic album of emotional extremes, Scintilla marks the brave beginning of the second phase of Nosound's fascinating career.

--------

Deluxe CD/Blu-Ray in Mediabook with a 24 page booklet. The Blu-Ray contains HD 5.1 & stereo surround sound mixes, plus additional video content.

All CD/Blu-Ray pre-orders come with signed vinyl postcard sticker and, while stocks last, a transparent plectrum featuring the new Nosound logo.

Pre-order for 2nd September release.

2xLP, https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/product/44/7604/
Audiophile double 180g vinyl edition (cut at 45rpm to ensure quality) in a gatefold cover with booklet and poly-lined inner bags. Also includes a download card featuring the vinyl master at 320kbps.

All vinyl pre-orders come with signed A4 prints and, while stocks last, a plectrum featuring the new Nosound logo.
Great to see Vincent is involved too, great voice!

large6055.jpg

Thanks for the information and links, Robert!
In a world where lossy DVD-V releases are becoming more and more prevalent again (unfortunately), when a high-res release like this one comes along that's pretty much guaranteed to have great music, it's time to put up or shut up, and that's exactly what I have done.
I just preordered it from Burning Shed. A great price IMHO for a CD/Blu-Ray digibook. Thanks, Giancarlo! :)

Thanks for the information and links, Robert!
In a world where lossy DVD-V releases are becoming more and more prevalent again (unfortunately), when a high-res release like this one comes along that's pretty much guaranteed to have great music, it's time to put up or shut up, and that's exactly what I have done.
I just preordered it from Burning Shed. A great price IMHO for a CD/Blu-Ray digibook. Thanks, Giancarlo! :)

Couldn't have said it better myself RT. And, true to my word, I pre-ordered the blu and vinyl, and I gotta add: lossless blu AND 45 RPM VINYL, both with an emphasis on sound quality with full dynamic range intact??? Nosound's knocking this one out of the park! I hope other bands are paying attention; this is how you do it!

Bands with considerably more clout simply have no excuse when Giancarlo and company can pull this off.

14 GBP delivered... Not bad at all! Love digibook packaging + extra goodies (my stickers and plectrum collection begin to grow :) ). No-brainer for me - pre-ordered!

Hello everyone!

I see with pleasure that in this place I don't need to stir up things, as they're piping hot already and you guys always follow as well other sites :banana:

I'm sorry if I don't remember rules of the forum...is ok to stay on this topic now that preorders are open etc. or I should create another one?

Anyway in the meantime...let me first pretend to be 'professional' and post below the full ann and high quality cover (that I think sets very well the personal and new/unique character of the album), and some images of formats including the new t-shirts that I can't wait to get...and then I promise I'll reply to questions :mad:@:

As usual I've done myself everything, helped obviously by the full band in terms of music, to keep that artistic coherence and true quality that's a characteristic of all our releases. As some of you know, my studio is now at really high level, in terms of acoustic control in my control room down to 30hz +-5db, 6 matched speakers plus redesigned acoustic treatments and full digital calibration as well, also for the headphones.

And that's why we agreed chopping some of our revenues from this release to have it on Blu-Ray, I did separate mixed and masters for cd, bluray and vinyl, and obviously surround, and who heard this album said production is just up there among the best albums out there..and I hope you'll all like it.

Please ask any question, and I'll try replying (if I receive email notifications that somehow at some point stop). And remember...on Monday check out on the net, first video/single is out and you should be able to appreciate already the production quality...and I can't exclude I might share here a surround flac...if you insist and you help us a bit spreading the word :violin

COVER_FULL_RES.jpg

NOSOUND - Scintilla

The new studio album: cd/bluray, audiophile double vinyl 180gr 45rpm & new t-shirts

Signed items & transparent guitar plectrum for pre-orders till stocks last: http://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound

Monday 23rd first single/video release!

Nosound’s fifth album marks a major departure and includes guest appearances from Anathema’s Vincent Cavanagh and acclaimed Italian singer Andrea Chimenti.

Inspired by personal upheaval and a desire for change, Scintilla is an emotionally complex and musically direct work presenting a stripped-down set of compositions that mark a major departure from Nosound’s trademark symphonic lushness and production precision.

After a decade of crafting a very particular type of widescreen melancholia and wistful imagery, Nosound’s fifth studio album Scintilla introduces a wholly new musical and visual approach for Giancarlo Erra’s ever-evolving band.

Anathema’s Vincent Cavanagh lends his distinctive vocals to two of the album’s tracks, and cellist Marianne De Chastelaine returns once more to the Nosound fold. Acclaimed Italian singer Andrea Chimenti co-writes and sings on the serene Sogno E Incendio.

Tracklist:

1. Short Story (2:24)
2. Last Lunch (7:00)
3. Little Man (4:38)
4. In Celebration Of Life (5:34)
5. Sogno e Incendio (4:44)
6. Emily (3:19)
7. The Perfect Wife (7:27)
8. Love Is Forever (2:51)
9. Evil Smile (4:33)
10. Scintilla (6:27)

Scintilla is available in the following formats:

A deluxe CD/Blu-Ray in Mediabook with a 24 page booklet. The Blu-Ray contains HD stereo and 5.1 surround sound mixes, plus additional video content.

An audiophile double 180g vinyl edition (cut at 45rpm) in a gatefold cover with booklet and poly-lined inner bags. Also includes a download card featuring the vinyl master at 320kbps.

Ladies and Men high quality t-shirt Fruit Of The Loom in charcoal grey featuring our new striking logo.

Pre-orders from our store (until stocks last!) come with: signed A4 print for vinyl, signed vinyl postcard/sticker for CD/Blu-Ray Mediabook, plus a transparent guitar plectrum featuring the new Nosound logo.
T-Shirts pre-orders will receive as well the transparent guitar pick.

Shipping end of August, release date 2nd of September.

large6055.jpg

large6054.jpg

large6059.png

Back