4 New Surround Sound SACD Albums from Dutton Vocalion (Aug 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 great titles, particularly stoked about the Santana.

But now I've got some catchin' up to do because the latest Montenegro's, Main Ingredient and Tower of Power discs are still on my wish list

Just incredible. The demonstration that if someone want, it can be done.
No-brain order...

Ordered!

Now I have to find 4 more CDs to boot off the shelves to make room...

Dutton's are costing me a fortune, but I am happy with it. Hopefully there will be at least a dozen more before the end of the year.

was checking out PPL online and I like it...can anyone comment on the mix? Is it it one of those early RCAs with a ton of panning or a later ultra discrete one like the guess who's road food?

Wonderful news for Quad fans! Somehow we keep getting new surround releases, albeit in small doses. I can't complain, with these 4 releases, along with Jethro Tull - "Songs From The Wood," The Beatles - "Sgt. Peppers", and Alan Parsons - "Eye In The Sky", it is turning out to be a great year once again for the surround community.

was checking out PPL online and I like it...can anyone comment on the mix? Is it it one of those early RCAs with a ton of panning or a later ultra discrete one like the guess who's road food?

just revisiting the CD-4's of these two Pure Prairie League Quads and my are they excellent surround mixes and sound quality is fab!
more modern type of Quad often with lead vocals and the band up front and little flourishes and instruments and harmony vocals and so on in the rear channels.. from what I can recall they don't strike me as being much like any of the Guess Who Quads I've heard (which to me is a good thing I don't like many of those mixes, except 10 & Road Food which are great.. maybe DV will get to do some Guess Who Quads one day also!?)

This is awesome, how many have jumped on these. Hopefully Dutton will have more fun things in the future to surprise us. :)

+1
(i'm all in for all four :D )
oh and I added the Perry Como 2-fer I forgot to get (back from whenever that batch came out) to the order.. cannot wait! (not for Perry so much, sorry Perry -- but Musicmagic -- wow what a coup for DV! jumping for joy at that one.. and its a limited run.. I may grab a 2nd backup copy, something I don't do so much these days but its a special one!)

All 4 on order. Can't wait!.

Must been living under a rock. I have not heard these titles or have any of them in my collection of discs and tapes.

Maybe when I listen to the music, I will say "I remember this tune".

Love learning things for the 1st time.

I got all four myself. I'm excited about future title prospects.

Not sure yet if I will buy the Pure Prairie League or Jimmy Castor SACDs, but I am definitely in for the Santana and Return to Forever SACDs.

Thanks DV!

:)

Not sure yet if I will buy the Pure Prairie League or Jimmy Castor SACDs, but I am definitely in for the Santana and Return to Forever SACDs.

Thanks DV!

:)

I did the exact opposite of you. Will not buy The Santana and Return Forever SACDs, just not into that type of music. (love Santana but not that album)

Thank you DV!!!!!!

Regards,

Back