4 New Surround Sound SACD Albums from Dutton Vocalion (Aug 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
out now afaik!

Thank you.

So, these titles were released before august.

Doing my own research here's my result,

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits SACD upc: 0765387852726 - Planned release date: June 10 2017

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Dimension III SACD upc: 0765387852924 - Planned release date: June 10 2017

The other two SACD titles also the release date was planned for June 10 2017

Regards,

Thank you.

So, these titles were released before august.

Doing my own research here's my result,

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits SACD upc: 0765387852726 - Planned release date: June 10 2017

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Dimension III SACD upc: 0765387852924 - Planned release date: June 10 2017

The other two SACD titles also the release date was planned for June 10 2017

Regards,

I don't know! whatever the plan was (and it may at one time have been for them to come out in June) they are available to purchase right now :)

Do these titles sell at Amazon site's eventually as well or is it once they sell out at Dutton Vocalion site then that's it?

I think the Pure Prairie League is only one I would listen to long term as other titles are great albums but not something I could see myself playing very often.

peter

Do these titles sell at Amazon site's eventually as well or is it once they sell out at Dutton Vocalion site then that's it?

I think the Pure Prairie League is only one I would listen to long term as other titles are great albums but not something I could see myself playing very often.

peter

From my experience, ALL D~V titles listed at the various Amazons ship directly from Dutton Vocalion. IMO, better off buying directly from D~V as Amazon offers NO further discounts nor removes VAT when ordering from AmazonUK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...s=popular&field-keywords=dutton+vocation+sacd *

*As you will note, some of the D~V SACDs are priced higher than the D~V web prices.

There are only a few of their catalogue that are listed on the amazon.co.uk website, but if we all buy direct from Dutton Vocalion they will make a bit more money rather than pay a fee to amazon - which hopefully leads to more Quad releases :)

peter

There are only a few of their catalogue that are listed on the amazon.co.uk website, but if we all buy direct from Dutton Vocalion they will make a bit more money rather than pay a fee to amazon - which hopefully leads to more Quad releases :)

On the contrary, Duncan, AmazonUK offers a lot of D~V Quad titles but I do agree.....buying DIRECTLY from the D~V website will ensure they reap the benefits rather than paying Amazon a fee.

And some of the AmazonUK prices are ironically higher than the actual D~V website, so really, why bother?

D~V's £10.99 prices on their QUAD SACDS, most especially their two~fers, are ABSOLUTE bargains in today's market. US reissue companies AF, AP and MoFi would charge upward of US$60 for a two~fer [which they wouldn't produce, anyway, most especially in QUAD/5.1].

Just ordered PPL & Return To Forever. Then started exploring the Vocalion site & picked up 3 Hugo Montenegro surround SACDs that I always wanted back in the day. The prices are great. I'll be checking this site out a lot!

Just ordered RTF & PPL. I have to say that I was seriously on the fence re Musicmagic. As a big Corea/RTF fan, I've always found Musicmagic to the least essential of Chick's rather substantial catalog - mainly because of Gail Moran's vocals - an acquired taste - though not enough to dissuade me from picking this up. There's enough here to enjoy, simply because of the contributions of Farrell, Corea & Clarke. Hopefully the quad mix will compensate.

Agree this is the better way to go.
I have been sampling some songs from different titles(Floyd Cramer,Hugo Montenegro) but on the computer speakers this stuff mostly sounds like elevator music so not sure if the titles would get much play for me.
What would you recommend as best title for me to check out or is it the current 4 offerings?

peter

Yes.

They usually appear on Amazon later on with the seller listed as Dutton Vocalion.
Not a difference when it comes to price, shipping method and times.

Yes.

They usually appear on Amazon later on with the seller listed as Dutton Vocalion.
Not a difference when it comes to price, shipping method and times.

Brian, while it's true the various Amazons do carry the D~V SACD titles, I have provided an AmazonUK listing of the available D~V SACD titles and some of their prices are higher than the D~V website: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...s=popular&field-keywords=dutton+vocation+sacd

In fact, some of AmazonUK's used/new third party listings for the D~V SACDs are significantly higher than D~V's £10.99 list!:yikes

Agree this is the better way to go.
I have been sampling some songs from different titles(Floyd Cramer,Hugo Montenegro) but on the computer speakers this stuff mostly sounds like elevator music so not sure if the titles would get much play for me.
What would you recommend as best title for me to check out or is it the current 4 offerings?

the Hugo Montenegro Quad mixes are superb.
as albums my favourites are the Stevie Wonder & Others By Brothers (i love the Elton one but DV haven't done it - yet anyway) but the surround mixes on all of them are so good it transcends some of the cheesiness, for me.

Just ordered RTF & PPL. I have to say that I was seriously on the fence re Musicmagic. As a big Corea/RTF fan, I've always found Musicmagic to the least essential of Chick's rather substantial catalog - mainly because of Gail Moran's vocals - an acquired taste - though not enough to dissuade me from picking this up. There's enough here to enjoy, simply because of the contributions of Farrell, Corea & Clarke. Hopefully the quad mix will compensate.

the Musicmagic Quad mix is absolutely wonderful (and sound quality even on SQ & Q8 is excellent so i'm hoping for great things from the DV mastering) the surround more than makes up for some of the naffness (some lyrics are particularly arse crippling but musically there are some real highlights) I love it in Quad and cannot wait for the SACD to arrive!!!

the Hugo Montenegro Quad mixes are superb.
as albums my favourites are the Stevie Wonder & Others By Brothers (i love the Elton one but DV haven't done it - yet anyway) but the surround mixes on all of them are so good it transcends some of the cheesiness, for me.

I love the cheese factor though. It's part of my childhood that I have such fond memories. :)

[video=youtube;CN44Yif2oWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN44Yif2oWs&list=RDCN44Yif2oWs#t=4[/video]I'm ordering 3...I brushed up on the groups by using youtube and I just eliminated the Santana offering...not what I was hoping for...the first 20 minutes are like a "snooze fest"...too little too late for me...

Great news, and much appreciated at this dry spell we find ourselves in.The Waylon Jennings and Dolly Pardon quad RCAs are looking more possible / realistic by the month.

Interesting that they would release a title so recently out on AF with the RTF SACD. But they are going with a smaller run and lower sales expectations which is what AF should have done by picking hotter titles (previously done by MFSL).

[video=youtube;CN44Yif2oWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN44Yif2oWs&list=RDCN44Yif2oWs#t=4[/video]I'm ordering 3...I brushed up on the groups by using youtube and I just eliminated the Santana offering...not what I was hoping for...the first 20 minutes are like a "snooze fest"...too little too late for me...

Great 'soulful' cut, Clint. Thanks for sharing. VERY doubtful it ever sounded this spectacular on RCA's CD~4 70's Vinyl!

Regarding Santana/Alice Coltrane's Illuminations: more of a Zen Meditation vibe and should sound spectacular in QUAD. Had SONY Japan released it, it would probably receive the $60 7" packaging red carpet treatment and come with a set of crystals for spiritual wellness.:yikes

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8CD33552A6F321071B0F8CD33552A6F32&FORM=VRDGAR IMO, hauntingly beautiful and on my QUAD wishlist for many, many moons!

Clint.....think of it as Music To Pay Bills By or inspirational music to exhort YOU to post more frequently on QQForum.

Last edited:
Back