A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!

🤩🥳😍💗

as soon as these are up for sale, i'm in for all 4!! 🤩

Spinners Quadio in particular is dream come true stuff for me, it's one of the best Quad mixes i've ever heard but the whole batch is very strong and so totally different from the last bundle 💘🥰

thank you for the hot scoop info report from the event!! it is much appreciated 🤗😋
Adam gets to rekindle his one of a kind love affair! Back in the day, how many times did you spin “The Spinners”?!

Hmm. I like some jazz but thought Mingus Moves might be the one of the four new titles I wouldn’t get if, indeed, it was on the list.

But now with your comment, I guess it’ll be the bundle for me.

A shame about no Burn tapes in the vault, though.

The Mingus Moves is stunning. The first track starts off with a sax in the rear right speaker. It's so discrete and vivid that my cat ran up a chair and put its face right into the speaker, then went nuts back and forth as it played, then a second sax answers from the rear left speaker, a the two sax's talk to each other - then drums come at you from the fronts. The cat was totally freaked out.

My hearing pretty much sucks, but this audio is so clean and so discrete that even I was in awe. I played it for my brother when he was over and both he and his wife were shocked at how great it sounded.

Now this is not melodic-type jazz, at least some of it isn't, it's more free-form, and I am no jazz expert although I do like it. Bit this disc is so worth getting just for the sound experience. I am telling you this thing sounds incredible.

And oh yeah, the song "Sundown" is worth the cost of the Who box. It blows away any Q4 conversion you ever had. These are great discs and no matter how you feel about the artists or the titles or the types of music, these things are worthy of your dollars. They all sound incredible

The Mingus Moves is stunning. The first track starts off with a sax in the rear right speaker. It's so discrete and vivid that my cat ran up a chair and put its face right into the speaker, then went nuts back and forth as it played, then a second sax answers from the rear left speaker, a the two sax's talk to each other - then drums come at you from the fronts. The cat was totally freaked out.

My hearing pretty much sucks, but this audio is so clean and so discrete that even I was in awe. I played it for my brother when he was over and both he and his wife were shocked at how great it sounded.

Now this is not melodic-type jazz, at least some of it isn't, it's more free-form, and I am no jazz expert although I do like it. Bit this disc is so worth getting just for the sound experience. I am telling you this thing sounds incredible.

And oh yeah, the song "Sundown" is worth the cost of the Who box. It blows away any Q4 conversion you ever had. These are great discs and no matter how you feel about the artists or the titles or the types of music, these things are worthy of your dollars. They all sound incredible
A GREAT endorsement coming as it is from the Father of QQ Forum.

And IMO, MINGUS MOVES for your cat ..... IS BETTER THAN CATNIP! 🐱

Yes, they are planning on having new releases quarterly. So that's a nice change of pace from what we'd been used to.
And so far as new mixing to quad, I ascertained that they have already had some "quad" test mixes performed by a well known respected engineer / mixer. Maybe they were just tests, but an album was possibly completed. Names and titles were not discussed, but options for future releases was discussed.
The Rhino A&R staff feel quad is beautiful in it's simplicity when done right which means 24/192khz I gathered, and is complementary to other surround mixes rather than just being the orphaned format from the past.
Quarterly Quadio. (In quartets, yet.) I see what they did there.

Last edited:
The America and Lightfoot are instant buys for me. Jon's endorsement of the Mingus disc makes me have to get it too. Spinners doesn't interest me.

It's not my normal style of listening material, but it's so 'quad' and discrete that it's worth having it (to me) just for the listening experience and the demo material if you want to show off to a high-brow jazz fan.

Besides, it's not very expensive, so what the heck. However, if you cannot afford it and risk not paying the rent, please do not buy it on my account.

I don't remember the exact model# but the front pair were about the size of inner-projection big screen TVs and looked similar to this:
images.jpeg.jpg

The rear pair was also Klipsch schpeakers but much smaller.

I don't remember the exact model# but the front pair were about the size of inner-projection big screen TVs and looked similar to this:
View attachment 96573
The rear pair was also Klipsch schpeakers but much smaller.
VERY surprised ALL four speakers didn't match ... MOST especially in a QUAD set up!

Back