Akai GX-270D-SS or GX-280D-SS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bushmaster

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I own the GX-270D-SS, but was wondering which would be the best replacement/backup unit?

Simple question...Simple answers please.:)

Thanks cupboy...I have to assume that your answer is agreed upon by everyone as no one else responded.

You know...I used to be able to post photos on here, but for some reason I can't anymore. Not sure what changed.

You know...I used to be able to post photos on here, but for some reason I can't anymore. Not sure what changed.

Nothing's changed but the wierd applet that lets you upload them.

Go to GO ADVANCED then look below to find MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Press that button and look for a pop-up window.

If you have a pop-up blocker, you might not see it. Sometimes it might even hide behind your browser window. Strange software, this vB.

Yes, follow Jon's instructions. I too have had the same problem with posting Photos.

My work around using Chrome was, click "Insert Image" (Window Pops up): Click to Basic Uploader > From Computer > Choose File (choose a file from computer). AND Here was the Tricky part - because it does not look like a BUTTON -- Click on: Upload File(s). It is a Button of sorts, just does not look like one is all.

Uploader.jpg

Why is the 280D junk? I have one of the stereo versions (not the SS), and after some servicing, it plays tapes wonderfully. Granted it needed a bit of work, but I did snag it from a barn for $40. New transistors in the playback amp boards (they were really noisy), cleaning the relays, and resoldering all the through-hole points on the control board was all that it needed. The glass heads on this thing are pretty slick and should never wear out... so why is it hated so?

Charles.

Back