Al Di Meola & Mega Movies in Telarc 5.1 SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Today Telarc brought two more Surround Sound SACDs to music stores - Al Di Meola's new "Consequence of Chaos" album and a Classical Music album by the Cincinnati Symphony. Both are "day and date" releases - out the same day on SACD and CD.

Perhaps more interesting to some folks here, Telarc also set Nov. 21st as the release date for the long-awaited "Mega Movies" Surround Sound SACD by Erich Kunzel & the Cincinnati Pops. This was announced long ago for SACD Surround release. Guess it's time is about to come !

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=12323186 for more details.

Both are "day and date" releases - out the same day on SACD and CD.

I went all over NYC yesterday - including my most reliable SACD source J&R Music World - the standard CD was available - no SACD - hoping that it shows up soon - I have been looking forward to this release for months. Had to satisfy my jones by listening to "Flesh On Flesh" last night - man - what a great disc!

I went all over NYC yesterday - including my most reliable SACD source J&R Music World - the standard CD was available - no SACD - hoping that it shows up soon - I have been looking forward to this release for months. Had to satisfy my jones by listening to "Flesh On Flesh" last night - man - what a great disc!

If you can't find it at say Borders or one of the local music stores, I'd suggest ordering it from the web sites that carry SACDs like Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, CD Universe, Amazon.Com. They all have the new Al Di Meola SACD in stock last time I checked.

The album is pretty avante garde musically. So it won't be for everyone. But for Di Meola fans, it will be a fun one. And the Surround mix is very appropriate to the music.

Already ordered it on line last night - my feet were killing me yesterday after walking all over town trying to find it:) - I've been a DiMeola fan since he first appeared with Return to Forever - really looking forward to it.(y)

Already ordered it on line last night - my feet were killing me yesterday after walking all over town trying to find it:) - I've been a DiMeola fan since he first appeared with Return to Forever - really looking forward to it.(y)

Let us know what you think of the Surround Sound SACD when it arrives. And you might want to comment/rate it on the Hi Rez Poll here as well.

Back