Al Jarreau on SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EmilS

Brian,

Saw on your site that the new Al Jarreau - All I Got listed as a hybrid multi-channel SACD release. Do you know if that will be only the only release? I see it available for pre-order on Amazon but it gives no clue that it will be a SACD.

Al Jarreau's new album is due out in both CD and SACD on the same date. Ditto for the new Natalie Cole CD and SACD on Verve.

I just stumbled on to a bunch of info on the Universal Music SACD releases earlier today.

I'll post something on it soon - probably tomorrow.

Stay tuned.....

An update on the Al Jarreau "All I Got" Multichannel SACD.

It's currently slated for release as part of Universal Music's November release on 11/26.

The release will be a Single Layer Multichannel/Stereo SACD. The catalog number is GRP/Verve 0440-065082-2.

You can preorder it from several of the web sites that carry SACDs including Elusive Disc, Music Direct and Red Trumpet.

bmoura said:
Al Jarreau's new album is due out in both CD and SACD on the same date. Ditto for the new Natalie Cole CD and SACD on Verve.

I bought Al Jarreau "All I Got" and Natalie Cole "Ask a Woman Who Knows" and love both of these SACD Surround discs. I guess it is safe to assume barely anyone else cared for these since there was not much discussion about either anywhere. The 62 year old Jarreau and 52 year old Cole are both in fine form. All of my Verve surround titles are good.

Chris

Chris Gerhard said:
I bought Al Jarreau "All I Got" and Natalie Cole "Ask a Woman Who Knows" and love both of these SACD Surround discs. I guess it is safe to assume barely anyone else cared for these since there was not much discussion about either anywhere. The 62 year old Jarreau and 52 year old Cole are both in fine form. All of my Verve surround titles are good.

Chris

I don't know how many people picked up the Al Jarreau SACD on Verve but the Natalie Cole SACD was well received when it was released.

bmoura said:
I don't know how many people picked up the Al Jarreau SACD on Verve but the Natalie Cole SACD was well received when it was released.

The Natalie Cole disc is better but both are certainly above average to my tastes.

Chris

Back