ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how long we will have Johnny....last month he turned 82...geeze...hard to believe...awesome voice...true professional performer...here is one of my favorites

[video=youtube;vaEqc9E1BKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEqc9E1BKg[/video]

I know....I totally cringe thinking about the day he passes. It will be one of my saddest days. :(
I assume he is healthy as a horse. He lived a life without drugs or alcohol. He's a good man.

This thread is fine for vinyl:)..I'm curious...are some of these albums from your pappy?...you have had great luck with these older vinyl titles...somebody must have taken good care of them..

Only the Tom Jones is from my dad. All others, while he had them...and is the reason I cherish them.....his were not in good shape. I purchased most from Discogs...looking for mint condition.

Only the Tom Jones is from my dad. All others, while he had them...and is the reason I cherish them.....his were not in good shape. I purchased most from Discogs...looking for mint condition.

I have vivid memories of about 6 or 7 albums piled up on the album changer....Zenith. Imagine how scratched they became due to this process. Most of them never were returned to their original sleeve. I love my pappy, but I certainly did not learn my care of albums from him. :mad:@:

I know....I totally cringe thinking about the day he passes. It will be one of my saddest days. :(
I assume he is healthy as a horse. He lived a life without drugs or alcohol. He's a good man.

Actually he has undergone rehab for both alcohol and prescription drug addiction...but he has always kept his private life very private...very low key and not the subject of tabloid attention...

Yikes, really? Well, I didn't know that. Ugh...

He was an athlete in high school...track events mainly...and always took care of himself....it seems very few high profile stars can stay away from either alcohol or drugs...they are just like us:)..well almost like us..LOL...I'm amazed when I see James Taylor today...you would never suspect he was a junkie...but he was...

Yikes, really? Well, I didn't know that. Ugh...

Gene, how else did you expect poor Johnnie to get through 68 albums without a little pick me upper?:yikes

And yes, ALL his QUAD/5.1 albums should be released by Dutton Vocalion on SACD at the nice price!

As for those 68 remastered albums........:yikes

Bryan Adams and Bruce Springsteen at the Invictus Games in Toronto doing Cuts Like A Knife and Badlands
[video=youtube;AUTmqptb-XY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUTmqptb-XY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

LOL!

Colonel Sanders and Alice Cooper - circa, early 1970's.

Alice Cooper and the Colonel.jpg

LOL!

Colonel Sanders and Alice Cooper - circa, early 1970's.

View attachment 30816

Not two you'd expect to see together! Seeing Alice reminding me of the Joe Bonamassa concert I went to a few weeks ago. My better half and I are sitting down, and on my left is this sweet older lady about 75-80. She mentions how good Joe is and that she just had to see him live. I asked what the last concert she was at and she told me Alice Cooper in 1974.:yikes

Back