ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck finding a copy for $20 nowadays. It's one of my favorite releases to put on to demo stereo on my system though.

Wow - I just looked at Ebay. So you're saying it was a good investment then - I might have to try & convince my wife that my hobby is going to bring us riches someday. ;)

I almost forgot about Shine A Light, I ordered August 15th and just checked, arriving tomorrow. Blu Ray.

Their recent Havana Moon Concert was pretty thrilling, as well. They all look 100 years old but man 'o man, they can still rock. The visuals and audio are stunning. Highly Recommended: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Rolling-Stones-Havana-Moon-Blu-ray/165169/#Review

BTW, Shine A Light is a reissue of the 2008 Stones Concert captured at the Beacon Theater in New York City with special guest stars.

Last edited:
Clint will have memories of days past.....he will think about staring at the album cover wondering why it pulled him into it so much......why does the vinyl cover smell the way it does......

I'm listening to AC/DC - Powerage on 180G vinyl. It's loud, quiet, no clicks. Brand new. Wonderful....the sleeve has pictures of the band...good stuff.

Down Payment Blues....

Now spinning a brand new copy (original pressing) of Ozzy Osbourne..Diary of a Madman.

Of course, this is a monumental album of outstanding music....musicians as follows:

Ozzy Osbourne - Vocals
Randy Rhoads - Guitar
Rudy Sarzo - Bass (Quiet Riot fame)
Tommy Aldridge - Drums

What a killer band Ozzy had.....the music shows it. The vinyl rips....loud and crisp, plenty of punch. :)

Spinning a copy of Cheap Trick - In Color

It's very used, but it sounds most excellent. DR is off the charts.....sounds wonderful. Raw, rough and great. What a killer band. All from 1 hour north of me in Rockford, Illinois. Local boys....

Killing it....

Van Halen - Fair Warning
Warner Bros - 1981

They were thoroughly pissed off at each other, and it shows as this is a mean, rocking set. One of their best. The album sounds lean, and loud. Wonderful. I can turn this one up a bunch.....

I should clarify....this is vinyl. Way better sounding than any CD

Now spinning a brand new copy (original pressing) of Ozzy Osbourne..Diary of a Madman.

Of course, this is a monumental album of outstanding music....musicians as follows:

Ozzy Osbourne - Vocals
Randy Rhoads - Guitar
Rudy Sarzo - Bass (Quiet Riot fame)
Tommy Aldridge - Drums

What a killer band Ozzy had.....the music shows it. The vinyl rips....loud and crisp, plenty of punch. :)

Actually , that was the touring band...the ones you hear are Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake...who later sued him for unpaid royalties and Ozzy and Sharon (a devil woman if there ever was one) decided to RErecord the bass and drums with other musicians....what an assh*le!!!!!

But , I do have somebody's copy of "Diary of a Madman" in my collection (don't know how it got there to be honest!) and the LP has a top notch production!!!

Killing it....

Van Halen - Fair Warning
Warner Bros - 1981

They were thoroughly pissed off at each other, and it shows as this is a mean, rocking set. One of their best. The album sounds lean, and loud. Wonderful. I can turn this one up a bunch.....

I should clarify....this is vinyl. Way better sounding than any CD

yup...FW is their best...period!!!!
lots of bad blood coming from long time cocaine abuse ...big egos, etc....it really worked out for them in the studio!!!!! I have TWO copies on LP ...wore out the first one!!!!

LOL! Since I really want Bee Gees in surround, I just ordered the 40th Anniversary Director's Cut of Saturday Night Fever on blu-ray. I guess it has Dolby True HD and well, we'll see how some of the songs sound. Don't care for the movie honestly.....but it was only $12 on Amazon.

LOL! Since I really want Bee Gees in surround, I just ordered the 40th Anniversary Director's Cut of Saturday Night Fever on blu-ray. I guess it has Dolby True HD and well, we'll see how some of the songs sound. Don't care for the movie honestly.....but it was only $12 on Amazon.

I LOVE the Bee Gees, too, Gene but the current BD~V of SNF isn't really discrete in terms of the music. For that, you might have to wait until they release the movie on UDH 4K with a Dolby Atmos 7.1 soundtrack.

BTW, NO Bee Gees on SACD. What's with THAT?:(:(:(:(

Spinning a copy of Cheap Trick - In Color

It's very used, but it sounds most excellent. DR is off the charts.....sounds wonderful. Raw, rough and great. What a killer band. All from 1 hour north of me in Rockford, Illinois. Local boys....

Love Cheap Trick...saw them in 81 with Pete Comita on lead guitar, I mean , bass (I think he got fired for upstaging Rick...I remember his bass solo and me going "Dang this guy can PLAY RINGS AROUND RICK!!!") and later in 82 in Philly...

Of the early ones, the one that is the most different is the 1st one cause it was theis setlist from when they were "The sick man of Europe"...
Got two copies of In Color (one is a Canadian pressing, eh?, and so are the 1st LP, Heaven tonight and At Budokan!) the other is an AF pressing from a few years ago...

Got their last one , which is ..not bad , but as for their best later ones I think The Latest is the best so far (yeah, the one they released on 8-track!!!)

I LOOOVE the Chicagofest '81 video (they were all coked up!!!! all the songs are REALLY FAST!!!!!!!)....wish they'd give it a DVD release...it was released on Laserdisc but it goes for SILLY MONEY now!

Clint will have memories of days past.....he will think about staring at the album cover wondering why it pulled him into it so much......why does the vinyl cover smell the way it does......

I'm listening to AC/DC - Powerage on 180G vinyl. It's loud, quiet, no clicks. Brand new. Wonderful....the sleeve has pictures of the band...good stuff.

Down Payment Blues....

I miss the larger cover art...and while I do miss the smell of napalm in the morning...I also miss the smell of those album covers...AFTER I used them to separate the "stems from the seeds"...those were the days my friend(another great song):cool:

I think you already have some Bee Gees in surround...the video probably isn't that great...but just to listen to....might be ok....look underneath some of those "piles" of music at home and I'm pretty sure you have THIS ONE

Thanks to Clint Eastwoods recommendation I picked up Rush 2112 40th anniversary for a very low price.
I never had this one not listening much to Rush at the time. The sound quality is excellent as are the bonus tracks.
I looked at the 1976 concert on the dvd. B&W grainy video as expected but great sound. I will get to the modern covers on disc 2.
Recommended. The only other Rush I have is the surround version(s) of Moving Pictures the songs I like very much.

Back