All Iwant Is To Make My Own Quad Cd Please Help

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdogg

I JUST WANT TO MAKE A QUAD CD I HAVE A HUGE COLLECTION OF QUAD 8 TRACKS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO LISTEN TO ON CD I HAVE CUBASE BUT IT SEEMS TO CONVERT IT TO 2 TRACKS IF I USE STEREO AS WELL AS MIXING IT DOWN TO A WAVE FORMAT SOI AM THINKING 4 MONO TRACKS TO DIGITAL ANY IDEAS ON A PROGRAM THAT IS NOT 300 AMERICAN DOLLARS TO CONVERT IT ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED :phones

YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN THE "ON" POSITION!!!!!
Quad CD will require either DTS-CD or AC3-CD.
The encoder for DTS-CD is $99.
If you have already bought Cubase, then an additional $99 is not much.
Cubase will give you a 5.`1 output to separate mono WAV files. You can simply delete numbers 3 & 4 though, as these will be empty assuming you route the output of the 4 Quad channels directly to L,R,Ls,Rs.
Take these 4 files, encode to DTS-CD, and write to any CD-R using any CD-Audio creation tool, as the files will "look like" straight 16/44.1 Stereo WAV - although they are not.

Good Luck.

Unfortunatly the cubase le 4 system I am using only has mono or stereo
even when I mixdown all 4 quad channels in stereo the wave puts them together as 2 channels are you saying that they will be seperate when mixed to a dts encoder?

Get Audacty for the work on the wave files, it's free.

Unfortunatly the cubase le 4 system I am using only has mono or stereo
even when I mixdown all 4 quad channels in stereo the wave puts them together as 2 channels are you saying that they will be seperate when mixed to a dts encoder?

Use a recorder program with a soundcard that records all four channels separately and at the same time so you end up with four mono Wavs. You then use SurCode’s DTS-CD to put each mono WAV into the program LF, RF, Ls, Rs (do not put anything into the center and LFE channels) and this will encode the four Wav’s into one DTS CD file that burns like a regular audio CD file onto a CD. Your Amp or DVD player’s decoder will playback each track separately in Quad.

You will want to put a couple of seconds of silence on the first track so your amp has a few seconds to kick into DTS mode so music is not cut-off during playback. I also leave the original space between songs as that can be part of the performance or “feel” of the recording. I edit each track by ending the edit right where the beginning of the next track is. But do leave a few milliseconds of silence before the next track otherwise “pop’s” can happen on DTS-CD’s, but not DVD-Audio.

You might want to record your files at 24 bit / 96 kHz if you can, and save them to do DVD-Audio at a later date. You also get better sound IMO when doing DTS-CD's. Save the files recorded at 24 bit / 96 kHz, then use itunes to batch convert automatically 24 bit / 96 kHz mono wavs to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz mono wavs for DTS-CD. Set itunes to convert to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz mono wavs under: Preferences > Advanced > Importing using the custom settings.

You don't need to convert the files from 24 bit to 16 bit before encoding to dts, surcode will accept 24 bit files, and it is better to keep them at 24 bit for encoding. Also, it would be better to use something like r8brain pro for downsampling from 96kHz to 44.1kHz.

You don't need to convert the files from 24 bit to 16 bit before encoding to dts, surcode will accept 24 bit files, and it is better to keep them at 24 bit for encoding. Also, it would be better to use something like r8brain pro for downsampling from 96kHz to 44.1kHz.

Why is r8brain pro better? I’m just curious…

Also, I’ve never been able to import 24 bit / 96 kHz into SurCode’s DTS-CD, it has to be converted into 16 bit / 44.1 from my experiance. Which program did you use to create a file at 24 bit to import 24 bit into SurCode’s DTS-CD and what kHz was used?

surcode should accept 24 bit 44.1kHz wav files. I can't give a detailed explanation as to why r8brain pro is better, but it just is. Cai or Neil might be able to chime in on this one.

Surcode CDPro will accept 24 bit files but will convert them to 16 bit during the encoding process. The sampling rate must be 44.1 KHz. Surcode DVDPro will do the same thing. Surcode MLP will accept 24/96 without bit conversion (or downsampling) but you end up with mlp rather than wav.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks again for the help
this is where I am at now
I have the tracks down and ran through audacity
buit it does not allow me to seperate the tracks
Into speakers now in the last posting by old quad guy
you said i need a encoder program. Wich one has worked for you
I also im'ed this message to you via yahoo.:banana:

If you now have 4 mono files, you need to place them into Minnetonka's Surcode CDPro DTS encoder. Once you open this application, it becomes obvious where to place each of the mono files.

Then you press the encode button and the resulting file is a wav file that you burn to disc.

That disc then can be played through a DTS decoder and you'll have your four channel quad music. Be aware that if you play that disc through something other than a DTS decoder, you will hear static.

Hope this helps.

I also own some sacd that will play on any player do u know if that is possible?
is there a way to just seperate the sound with out making it a sacd ?
Is there such a thing as quad cd or does it have to be a sacd or dvd ?

well cirlinca didn't work either everytime I tried to select more than one chanel it bounced back to one
wich really ticked me off so now it looks like i need to buy the sure code.

Is anyone else using this ?

can I only get it from the manufact. ?

I also own some sacd that will play on any player do u know if that is possible?

A "hybrid" SACD has a stereo CD layer, and can also have a stereo and surround SACD layer. These can be played in stereo in any CD player, but still an SACD player is required for surround playback. Dark Side of the Moon is an example of this type of SACD.

is there a way to just seperate the sound with out making it a sacd ?

Not sure what you mean.

Is there such a thing as quad cd or does it have to be a sacd or dvd?

All standard CDs are stereo only, unless they have been matrix or DTS/DD encoded (a whole different story). To have more than 2 channels, you need an SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD, Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD.

A DTS CD ( or Dolby Digital CD) can have more than 2 channels encoded on the disc, however it will only play through the proper decoder. The McCartney "Band on the Run" and "Venus & Mars" are examples of DTS CDs.

Ok I think I am just going to buy discwelder basic dvd-a authoring and see where that takes me.
I appreciate all the help.All this will help me explain it to my father who just wants to hear it like he
did in his car when he was in high school.

Anyone know where to get a good quad needle ? 688 dq for a pioneer pc-q1 ?

Ok Follow up
I purchased the program and received it yesterday
installed it got the required driver for vista
ripped the first dvd and tried to play it in my dvd player that reads all formats and got white noise
went back to the pc and played on that dvd player and it played
the problem is it only played the front tracks and not all four
as well is there is a column for channels and after i ripped it noticed it put everything on one channel
I have not seen a option to change this i keep highlighting it but it does not change so that is were i am at now.

Back