Any sacd AMPLIFIER(s) only to be use with just a non sacd compatible dvd player ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I wonder also if like the Denon 2900 (universal player), and the like, I could play sacds with just a dvd player or even just a cd player.

Not unless the SACDs were hybrids (most are) and you play the CD layer (and then they're just CDs).

Kal

I meant : Any sacd DECODER(s) only to be use with just a non sacd compatible dvd player ?

kvadro said:
I meant : Any sacd DECODER(s) only to be use with just a non sacd compatible dvd player ?

If you are asking if there is an external SACD decoder which will work with a non-SACD compatible DVD player, the answer is no. A non-SACD compatible player cannot output anything from the SACD layer the disc.

There are external SACD decoders in some AVRs but they are used with SACD players that have special types of interconnection (Denon-Link, iLink, etc.) There are also other special cases including the EMMLabs and dCS equipment.

Kal

Kal

Back