HiRez Poll Beck - SEA CHANGE [DVD-A/SACD/BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD/BDA of Beck - SEA CHANGE

• Total voters
Funny. Splitting hairs just isn't my thing.
I don't know that I would call two channels being out of phase "splitting hairs", but if you can't hear it then I guess it's no loss to you. I knew something was different before I knew what the difference was. I fell in love with the DVD-A but then to my surprise found the Blu to be an improvement. YMMV. Besides, you are the one who said there had been "no definitive answer" when DuncanS clearly gave a definitive answer.

I'm not calling for everyone to go out and upgrade, I'm just saying that if you don't have any version yet there is good reason to go with the Blu.

I don't know that I would call two channels being out of phase "splitting hairs", but if you can't hear it then I guess it's no loss to you. I knew something was different before I knew what the difference was. I fell in love with the DVD-A but then to my surprise found the Blu to be an improvement. YMMV. Besides, you are the one who said there had been "no definitive answer" when DuncanS clearly gave a definitive answer.

I wish all releases sounded as good as the out of phase SACD. Are you commenting on something you have never listened too?

Really? Did you read even one single thing that I wrote? :rolleyes:

Well you said that you have the Bluray and DVDA. Does the DVDA have the same inverted phase channels as the SACD?

Both the SACD and DVDA sound quality were getting high praise and 10 votes well before the bluray ever came out. It wasn't until the bluray was released that someone posted about the inverted phase, correct. That doesn't suddenly make the sound quality poor on the SACD.

Your perspective is in hindsight. Mine is from owning the SACD well over a decade. I still wish every release sounded as "poor" as this SACD.

Well you said that you have the Bluray and DVDA. Does the DVDA have the same inverted phase channels as the SACD?

Both the SACD and DVDA sound quality were getting high praise and 10 votes well before the bluray ever came out. It wasn't until the bluray was released that someone posted about the inverted phase, correct. That doesn't suddenly make the sound quality poor on the SACD.

Your perspective is in hindsight. Mine is from owning the SACD well over a decade. I still wish every release sounded as "poor" as this SACD.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said it was "poor", in fact I said I fell in love with the DVD-A and only later found the Blu to be even better. I also said that I wouldn't buy it to replace another version but if you don't own one there is good reason to go with the Blu. Why are you acting like a jilted lover? Are you the guy who improperly mastered the early versions?

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said it was "poor", in fact I said I fell in love with the DVD-A and only later found the Blu to be even better. I also said that I wouldn't buy it to replace another version but if you don't own one there is good reason to go with the Blu. Why are you acting like a jilted lover? Are you the guy who improperly mastered the early versions?

Well the SACD is directly from the dsd master I believe from reading a few posts. Again, have you listened to that version?
My poor comment was not attributed to you so relax. I still think this conversation is splitting hairs, especially considering the fact I mentioned I have the bluray ripped to my PC.

My poor comment was not attributed to you so relax.

Who was it directed to? Who on this thread said anything about the mix being "poor". I strongly suspect the low votes have to do with the music, not the fidelity. I will "relax" when you quit putting words in my mouth.

Who was it directed to? Who on this thread said anything about the mix being "poor". I strongly suspect the low votes have to do with the music, not the fidelity. I will "relax" when you quit putting words in my mouth.

Fine then don't relax. The poor comment is called sarcasm. If you were relaxed you might understand that better. I am done with you other than asking one more time if you have ever heard the SACD you are commenting on. My guess is no.

Can anyone definitively clarify which versions/ channels of “Sea Change” have a “phase inversion” issue and how one would correct it? (This is a real question :) )

Can anyone definitively clarify which versions/ channels of “Sea Change” have a “phase inversion” issue and how one would correct it? (This is a real question :) )

Simple fix using Audacity. Converting the SACD to PCM to make the conversion doesn't seem to be worth it but that is just one person's opinion of course. Nobody even noticed it for nearly a decade and a half.

I have read that the front left and right channels on the DVD-A and SACD are inverted and that the Blu corrected it. I didn't even know what was better about the Blu the first time I heard it, I just knew it was better.

I have read that the front left and right channels on the DVD-A and SACD are inverted and that the Blu corrected it. I didn't even know what was better about the Blu the first time I heard it, I just knew it was better.

Best of Doors sounds better on Bluray than the excellent SACD quad mix. No out of phase channels that I know of. Still splitting hairs imo however.

Back