HiRez Poll Beck - SEA CHANGE [DVD-A/SACD/BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD/BDA of Beck - SEA CHANGE

• Total voters
seeing as i threw this particular cat among the pigeons, i ought to revisit the various discs and check which one is "correct" or in-phase or whatever you want to call it. tbh i don't remember right now but i'll have a playaround with the files again soon and post back.

That would be hilarious if the bluray was the one with the channels out of phase! Again the SACD was getting props for sound quality for over a decade before the bluray was released. It still sounds excellent and those of us who have heard it know that regardless. Thanks for your effort.

Too funny. Feel free to continue posting about releases you have never heard. Don't let those minor details stop you!

fwiw I did a v.quick comparison (of Track 1 only) of the various versions of this one

however I noticed that the Front Left & Front Right of the PCM 5.1 on the BD-A had their phase reversed relative to the Front Left & Front Right of the 5.1 of the SACD & DVD-A.

fred says that the DVD-A and SACD have the same phase. Are you ready to apologize to me now?

Last edited:
That would be hilarious if the bluray was the one with the channels out of phase!
How would one determine that, himey? Subwoofers have phase switches on them with the instruction to set it where it sounds best. I made a simple statement that the Blu sounded better to me than the DVD-A and you have been skewering me for it ever since. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. You are a petty little person.

Nope, just didn't see his name in the liner notes. Guess it was cheaper for them to put the information on the outside, and not retypeset the notes.
Didn't mean to cause alarm!
I can dig it - trying to read anything in the Sea Change liner notes is an exercise in futility!

Back