Bill Bruford in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the DVDs do not even have DTS audio?
I didn't expect any lossless 5.1 audio on the DVDs, but if they don't even have DTS, when I get my box here, I may just send it right back.
Even though it's a limited product, I'm not paying that much for audio that's lower than CD-quality.

:( (n)

No DTS at all. Only one audio track for the surround mix and one audio track for the original stereo mix. There’s no audio selection menu.

OK, even though I just "gasped" at the thought of it being DD 5.1 only....especially for the cost....
I'm not gonna send mine back once I get it. I have to believe Jakko did a nice job on this.

Well I’m not gonna sugarcoat this decision.
If there really is no lossless audio (stereo or surround) on the DVDs, then I have no use for it.
In a world where we have DVD-Audio (with MLP lossless surround) and Blu-Ray, DTS audio should be the bare minimum quality for any DVD release.
The fact that these DVDs do not contain even a DTS audio track is just plain dumb.
I will gladly return or resell this box without a second thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF! This makes no sense at all. I sure wish I hadn’t bought it from burning shed. So returning isn’t an option. Very dishonest not to advertise the format. Not letting the consumer make an informed decision to purchase is just wrong!

I admit, I am thoroughly annoyed as well. More for the reason Steve mentioned in previous post. I think the more they can be transparent about the mix, the less heartache/returns they will have. But, again. I will likely keep my copy and open it...unless several say it sounds bad.

I continue to be baffled by the jackassery of the music industry.

Hi-res digital formats from 2000, SACD and DVD-A: Obsolete
Hi-res digital downloads: Not even considered for delivering 5.1 surround
Lossy digital technology from 1994: HELL YES!!!! LETS KEEP PUMPING THAT OUT, AND KEEP THAT RELEVANT IN EVERY FUCKING RECEIVER, DVD PLAYER, AND OPTICAL VIDEO BASED DISC WE PUT OUT THERE!!!

Seriously?

What will it take to finally bury that abomination?

The only thing I could ever see Dolby Digital being useful for in this day and age would be for 5.1 internet streaming. And I've yet to see anyone use it for that. I can't even find a method of making that happen, or I would have done it already.

The description at burning shed clearly states 2 DVD-As. It seems to me that they bear some responsibility for the confusion. I’m sending them an email to see what they say.

Burning Shed is just printing the info they receive from the label.
How would they be responsible for what is actually released?

Burning Shed will just have put on-line the press release they were sent whenever that was sent, it says DVD-A on a few UK web sites. The Pledge website now just says 5.1 surround sound mix, no format. I'm certainly not a fan of DD but I am of BB so I'll keep the Box Set!

Burning Shed is just printing the info they receive from the label.
How would they be responsible for what is actually released?
I understand they just printed the info they received. However, they are selling the product and know how important the format is to their customers. They are a speciality site, not Walmart. A simple request to the label confirming the format should have occurred. Isn’t that easier than the headache of dealing with upset customers?

Shed is very responsive to customers, so it is worthwhile to make contact to let them know of chagrin about the purchase.

Shed is very responsive to customers, so it is worthwhile to make contact to let them know of chagrin about the purchase.

Agreed and to be prepared for potential returns.

I also agree that no lossless content for this set is surprising and really disappointing considering all involved from Bill Bruford on down.
Perhaps the budget just wasn't there. Who knows? Well somebody knows, actually.

Maybe some folks are unaware that Burning Shed is as much a labor of love for the employees as it is a business which is tough to do.
I've had nothing but exemplary customer service from them that's why I order from them when they have a release rather than anywhere else no matter what the price or delivery speed is.
JMNSHO. :)

Couldn’t have said it better. I primarily order these releases from them as well for the same reasons. Only one problem I can recall. My TRTRTS boxset was damaged. They sent me a new boxset minus the discs. I thought that was a unique personal touch. I will let y’all know how they respond to my inquiry about this latest issue.

Having met them all they are a really nice bunch of people who value both the customer and the artist, something rare these days. And they know we're all for surround!

Maybe some folks are unaware that Burning Shed is as much a labor of love for the employees as it is a business which is tough to do.
I've had nothing but exemplary customer service from them that's why I order from them when they have a release rather than anywhere else no matter what the price or delivery speed is.
JMNSHO. :)

So they pulled a "In the Land of Grey and Pink - Deluxe" on us?

That was stupid in 2011, that's beyond stupid today.

Although, that one actually sounds really good. I don't know they did it. It is the only Dolby Digital album I can listen to without being bothered.

But I agree there is absolutely no excuse for Dolby Digital only these days. DTS should be the minimum. I am glad I didn't pre-order this one...

VERY surprising since all of the King Crimson 5.1 album remasters were in highest quality MLP DVD~A 5.1.

For the money they are charging for this set, it would've made more sense to combine the contents of the two DVDs onto one BD~A/V disc and call it a day.

But I will say, if the DVD DD 5.1 sounds as brilliant as the RPWL WANTED 5.1 surround then NOT TO WORRY!

Makes one REALLY appreciate the recent Pineapple Thief's brilliant Where We Stood BD~A/V which packs a helluva content onto ONE disc at a fraction of the cost of the Bruford set!

Unless someone quickly steps up and comments on the quality of the mix from the DD 5.1......I guess I'll be taking one for the team and I'll let you know once I get it. No turning back for me at this point.

Back