Bill Bruford in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless someone quickly steps up and comments on the quality of the mix from the DD 5.1......I guess I'll be taking one for the team and I'll let you know once I get it. No turning back for me at this point.

And WHAT team is that, Gene: The New York Yankees? :yikes

Well, they are looking for a new coach aren't they.... :yikes

Probably. Girardi is TOAST.

But think of it this way, Gene. The World Series will be broadcast in 1080p and DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 so I surmise we'll all be taking one 'for the team!':ugham:

But I will say, if the DVD DD 5.1 sounds as brilliant as the RPWL WANTED 5.1 surround then NOT TO WORRY!

I can agree that Wanted sounds damn good. However, if you hear In the Land of Grey and Pink hi-res compared to the DD, you wouldn't be as happy with the DD.
Makes me wonder how much more awesome Wanted would be if they'd released it in lossless or at least DTS.

I can agree that Wanted sounds damn good. However, if you hear In the Land of Grey and Pink hi-res compared to the DD, you wouldn't be as happy with the DD.
Makes me wonder how much more awesome Wanted would be if they'd released it in lossless or at least DTS.

Yes, true. But I guess, in the case of Bruford...we'll never know. So. we either like it for what it is (that is if it sounds good) or not. (y)

Shed is very responsive to customers, so it is worthwhile to make contact to let them know of chagrin about the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not order this but agree about Shed being great with customer service, maybe for those that ordered from Shed as they have done in the past they got a lossless flac download for those that ordered this set as a compromise, they have done this in the past on a couple of other releases when it was not lossless and people were expecting better.
Might be worth a shot.

Totally agree, EB. Whenever a DVD has a DD or EVEN DTS 5.1 remaster and INCLUDES a LOSSLESS STEREO 96/24 remaster, the LOSSLESS wins out EVERY TIME [and this includes the TULLs or even Monster Music's DTS 5.1 titles]. And the difference isn't subtle but quite dramatic [AND DYNAMIC].

It's almost like they're taunting us with WHAT COULD'VE BEEN!

Whenever these big box reissues are released without specifically stating the codec utilized, one can ALMOST assume they're LOSSY. Sneaky....SNEAKY! :yikes

Sadly there is absolutely no correlation between KC level product and what this reissue label has done, despite the Bill Bruford they have in common sometimes. True all these albums were E.G. Records all those years ago; but that’s been history for 30+ years now.

The silver lining IS the heavy lifting has been done. The 5.1 mix exists! It can be released in higher resolution at some point in the future. This business does look for opportunities to re-purpose existing assets onto new platforms (formats) or at least license it to those clueful enough to make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dream would be that someone on QQ who has a "Crises" box set from Mike Oldfield will want to part with it for my copy of Bruford's "Seems Like A Lifetime Ago" box set once it arrives, but that probably won't happen, will it?
Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

;)

Unless someone quickly steps up and comments on the quality of the mix from the DD 5.1......I guess I'll be taking one for the team and I'll let you know once I get it. No turning back for me at this point.
I'm also not turning back. I've been meaning to collect Bruford and this seemed like the best way to do it. The DD 5.1 mixes I will view as bonus.

My response from Burning Shed:
Hi Steve

Thanks for the message. I'm sorry if you are disappointed or feel misled.

The description is indeed what we were given by the label. If the discs do not play properly for you then you can return the set for a refund.

Kind regards

Pete

Pretty much what I expected. Returning isn’t a realistic option with the shipping cost. I ordered from them since was a limited released. Oh well

I've listened to the surround mix of both albums. They're really great! Good clarity, good separation, very discrete.

thanks for the feedback. You don't mean "both" though do you? Didn't you say there is only one surround mix? DD 5.1?

I mean both albums: Feels good to me and One of a kind. It wasn't clear, sorry! I have edited my original post.

Pretty much what I expected. Returning isn’t a realistic option with the shipping cost. I ordered from them since was a limited released. Oh well

Maybe we, as a community will need to be much more cautious about ambiguous discs going forward and get details out of the label before placing orders.
Maybe that is the only way to stop this DD-only madness, if enough of the copies sit unpurchased.

Back