DTS-CD Cat Stevens ABC In Concert Special 1973

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsontr

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I don't know if it's been mentioned here before (if so I couldn't find it) but according to a post on the Tapecity site this show was simulcast in quad. Anyone know for sure? The post specifically talks about an ROIO of the show that appears to be incomplete. Recently I've found an off air recording being torrented so I wondered whether it's known to be quad. Any takers to confirm or deny?

ABC In Concert shows were routinely simulcast by rock FM stations in many markets as stereo. That in itself (mono TV days) was amazing, I do not recall any mentions on air about quad...

I don't know if it's been mentioned here before (if so I couldn't find it) but according to a post on the Tapecity site this show was simulcast in quad. Anyone know for sure? The post specifically talks about an ROIO of the show that appears to be incomplete. Recently I've found an off air recording being torrented so I wondered whether it's known to be quad. Any takers to confirm or deny?

Remember the concert as if it was yesterday, but don't remember anything about quad. BTW, the FM simulcast barely had a stereo effect.

I have that show on cd but it is not quad. It's barely stereo but one of my all-time faves! Foreigner Suite live is just incredible.

Never saw a boot of this. I have a reel to reel copy and cassette dub, and watched it when it aired. Definitely not Quad. One of the best things he ever did. There was some noise from the synch track. Does the boot CD have it, too? At that point, I was 19 or 20 and heard extremely well at 19k.

And, yes, the live Foreigner Suite is a far better performace than the studio version on the LP.

Back