Christina Milian upcoming SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ick

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hey gang!
I plan on getting this one when it comes out in June 15. I worked with Christina a few years ago and was impressed by her. Her genre is r+b / hip hop and has written songs for other artists including Jennifer Lopez. If you are into that kind of music or want to support the format, pick this one up! I want to support her because she was really great to work with and she is extremely talented (a la Alicia Keys).

I'll let you know how the SACD sounds once I get it.

ICK

Ick said:
Hey gang!
I plan on getting this one when it comes out in June 15. I worked with Christina a few years ago and was impressed by her. Her genre is r+b / hip hop and has written songs for other artists including Jennifer Lopez. If you are into that kind of music or want to support the format, pick this one up! I want to support her because she was really great to work with and she is extremely talented (a la Alicia Keys).

I'll let you know how the SACD sounds once I get it.

ICK

I was doing a Google search last night and saw that this one was on SACD. I wasn't a fan of Milian before, she seemed to me at the time to be another "part of the pack". But I listened to this album and was very impressed by her vocals, which have strenghtened quite a bit, and the production, a mix of sample-based and real instrumentation.

Have you heard the SACD yet? Thoughts?

johmbolayaSQ said:
I was doing a Google search last night and saw that this one was on SACD. I wasn't a fan of Milian before, she seemed to me at the time to be another "part of the pack". But I listened to this album and was very impressed by her vocals, which have strenghtened quite a bit, and the production, a mix of sample-based and real instrumentation.

Have you heard the SACD yet? Thoughts?

It wasn't released on SACD.

johmbolayaSQ said:
Has it been delayed or cancelled?

There's no info about it. It was deleted from the Universal Music New Formats website.

Actually, they also removed the Coming Soon SACD section. :confused:

johmbolayaSQ said:
Has it been delayed or cancelled?

It was pulled from the list of upcoming SACDs some time ago. I don't expect to see it released on SACD at this point.

bmoura said:
It was pulled from the list of upcoming SACDs some time ago. I don't expect to see it released on SACD at this point.

Thank you for that. Not that it's a must-have for me, but it would have been interesting to hear.

johmbolayaSQ said:
Thank you for that. Not that it's a must-have for me, but it would have been interesting to hear.

That is too bad. She really is a very talented girl. That says a lot coming from me, 'cuz I really hate the vocalists such as the Stupid Simpson Sisters and their like. Christina actually writes her songs and is a sweetheart as well.

ICK

Back