David Gilmour - Live at Pompeii (various formats) - Sept 29th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for friday September 29 to own this release.

Friday night will be a Pink Floyd celebration at my house.

Rocking Loud on Friday!!!!!! Full blast Surround Sound in my Home Theater/Bar

You are all cordially invited, bring some Liquor or Beer. :):):)

:cool:

Regards,

You guys know how much I love a good backside... ;)

71fKzIiklZL._SL1009_.jpg

Note: All concert footage has 5.1 surround sound

:)

Don't really like the Gilmour solo stuff, but I am really tempted by this 2 blu-ray package

Another DUH moment for me. My original order from Moose was with my old card...they didn't initially charge me...so now that they try to ship, my card is no longer. I had to cancel, update my new card, etc. That all being said, they instantly shipped within 20 minutes of my new order. So, I guess I'll have it in a couple days.

I have been listening to a stream of the tracks off of Amazon Music.
The audience seems muted a bit and perhaps the performance was enhanced in the studio? Not that I mind either - It sounds awesome! Very much liking what I hear.

I can easily image a very discrete instrumentation mix by Andy (if he was provided that option).
Likely I will be disappointed with yet another concert 5.1 mix limited to ambiance and audience noise.
I didn't buy the physical releaseyet and my wallet is waiting to hear what the reports are on the 5.1 mix.
So come on guys and gals - submit your findings!

By-the-way:
The release must be selling better than expected in the US. Amazon is out of stock on all editions besides the CD only.

I've just listened to the first two tracks on BD-1, and I can hear & follow Guy Pratt's Bass perfectly well. The Bass isn't 'in your face', but its loud enough I can hear it upstairs as I type this, and the system is not turned up to a high volume. Maybe their systems aren't set-up correctly, their listening room is too small to reproduce the Bass, or they have small speakers & no-LFE? I have full sized floorstanders all round, no LFE. The audio is crystal clear, and the mix is immersive (mixed by Andy Jackson & David Gilmour going by the credits in the book).

Can you comment on the bass in the 5.1 mix? Some people on Amazon are claiming there is none perhaps due to an authoring error? Thanks.

Another DUH moment for me. My original order from Moose was with my old card...they didn't initially charge me...so now that they try to ship, my card is no longer. I had to cancel, update my new card, etc. That all being said, they instantly shipped within 20 minutes of my new order. So, I guess I'll have it in a couple days.

Wow! The Moose is on the loose...I placed order Friday afternoon and I have the deluxe box today!! Wow, that was fast.....so impressed they made that effort.
Package in perfect condition.... :)

I'll pop this puppy in this evening and see what it's all about...

Got mine today. I saw the theatre experience last month, but there's nothing like watching and listening on your own equipment:music. I'm only a few songs in, but it's hard not to be impressed with the fidelity considering it's a live concert at an outdoor venue. Very front centric as with most BD concerts, but it sure sounds sweet!

Got mine today. I saw the theatre experience last month, but there's nothing like watching and listening on your own equipment:music. I'm only a few songs in, but it's hard not to be impressed with the fidelity considering it's a live concert at an outdoor venue. Very front centric as with most BD concerts, but it sure sounds sweet!

I agree with your quick summary. There are some "tidbits" here and there that seem to be discreet info in the rears...a rhythm guitar upon occasion and of course the jangle of money.

Back