Denon DBT1713UD Blu Ray Video Issue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEWSFLASH: F-I-X-E-D (work around found)

After going through all the on-screen menus including Reset, I have restored Blu Ray video capability thanks to interpreting something differently in the troubleshooting section of the CD-ROM manual. There was an entry there that suggested checking the Video Resolution setting on the remote control; I did and it was on AUTO like it has been forever. Then as I pressed the button repeatedly, going past the 480i & 576i settings, I selected 720P and it worked. So I pressed it again twice to try 1080P and IT WORKED!! For laughs, I went around to AUTO and that does NOT work.

In summary, AUTO should negotiate whatever is possible, but since all I ever need is 1080P I'm declaring this crisis over. :smokin:

One more thing - I didn't really answer the question as to the value of this Denon player.

PRO - Plays virtually anything you put in it, networking options like Netflix work great
CON - Open/Close & Play buttons sometimes feel quite slow to respond (fine on the remote), you end up pressing twice

The DBT1713UD is a quite decent unit, mu sole complaint has been the buttons mentioned above. At first it really felt like an upper level player over their previous units; now it seems to slot well above the DBT1611UD but probably below the DBT2010UD. Some still sell this unit for $499 which frankly would be better spent on an Oppo. I paid $349 brand new in DEC 2012 and on a good day, you can buy one for $299 now, which would be a good value. It's big brother DBT3313UD sells for $999 (crazy) but I've seen it for $499 recently certainly under $600 I'd guess.

One more thing - I didn't really answer the question as to the value of this Denon player.

PRO - Plays virtually anything you put in it, networking options like Netflix work great
CON - Open/Close & Play buttons sometimes feel quite slow to respond (fine on the remote), you end up pressing twice

The DBT1713UD is a quite decent unit, mu sole complaint has been the buttons mentioned above. At first it really felt like an upper level player over their previous units; now it seems to slot well above the DBT1611UD but probably below the DBT2010UD. Some still sell this unit for $499 which frankly would be better spent on an Oppo. I paid $349 brand new in DEC 2012 and on a good day, you can buy one for $299 now, which would be a good value. It's big brother DBT3313UD sells for $999 (crazy) but I've seen it for $499 recently certainly under $600 I'd guess.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. Everything sounds and looks great, and the turn on and load times are much better than my previous Denons. I agree with you about the Open/Close button though.

Back