DVD, CD/DVD 5.1 NO PACKAGE INDICATION IT IS SURROUND!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super Furry Animals Love Kraft is another. If you look in the booklet, there is one reference to the "surround mix" in the liner notes. But nowhere is there on the cover, in the booklet nor on the disc label an indication that it is an SACD other than the gold color of the playing side of the disc itself.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how I myself figured that this was a surround SACD when I bought it.

BTW - you can find stereo samples of this yourself and decide how much you like the music, but regarding the surround mix, I would give it a 10. The product code is 5099752050161

Super Furry Animals Love Kraft is another. If you look in the booklet, there is one reference to the "surround mix" in the liner notes. But nowhere is there on the cover, in the booklet nor on the disc label an indication that it is an SACD other than the gold color of the playing side of the disc itself.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how I myself figured that this was a surround SACD when I bought it.

BTW - you can find stereo samples of this yourself and decide how much you like the music, but regarding the surround mix, I would give it a 10. The product code is 5099752050161

RE: Love Kraft:

This should be the correct ASIN... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000AJIAX0/?tag=sacdinfocom08-21

Great price on Amazon UK.

I'm thinking I came across this very title about 2 yrs back in a local retail outlet.Had a large gold label on front .and no 5.1 indications and no sacd indicated. If that's the one, I passed on it because of relevant info lacking!!!!! Dam it!!!! Decent price too!

derek

not a dvd, but an sacd - Nektar - Remember the Future
no indications of an sacd or surround on the packaging, does have an sacd logo on the disc

vinylguy4

My 1st copy (brand new, not sealed) came without it but I picked up a 2nd one (used) with a tiny black/w white text "Limited Edition" sticker at bottom right hand corner of front cover of digipak saying its in 5.1 surround etc..

image.jpg

not a dvd, but an sacd - Nektar - Remember the Future
no indications of an sacd or surround on the packaging, does have an sacd logo on the disc

vinylguy4

Blink and you'd miss it but.. in the inner of the rear inlay, visible thru the clear face of the spine of the jewel case..

image.jpg

A couple more I noticed in my collection:

The Flaming Lips-U.F.O.'s at the Zoo.......MVI DD 5.1(not too bad in surround..rate it about 7)

Thanks fizzy - picked it up used form Amazon for .59 cents plus the 3.99 shipping. :banana:

The mixes are very funky and quady on both Journey and Remember, Live in NYC no so much, but that's a live one of course. I'd have to think the availability of all 3 is quite limited now.

The mixes are very funky and quady on both Journey and Remember, Live in NYC no so much, but that's a live one of course. I'd have to think the availability of all 3 is quite limited now.

NYC is not really 5.1, although advertised as such. The 5.1 and 2.0 sound identical and there is nothing in the rears.

Two more from my collection

JACK JOHNSON-EN CONCERT blu-ray dts 5.1
-Had large price stickers covering the dts emblem on all of the copies!

JOHN HIATT-SAME OLD MAN deluxe ed. Dts 5.1 (only the live tracks Austin City Limits 6 tracks"used parts and lost art")

Often wondered if other NEW WEST cd/dvd editions are not indicated 5.1???

As good a place as any, I would think.

After all this thread was started as a courtesy to all surround collecting.

There is a Chemical Bros. Cd/dvd little black book style (the name escapes me, as I returned it) with a dts logo on reverse but no 5.1, no dts no DD!!!

I read about this disc on line a couple months back and what piqued my interest was that it was recorded with two TSL Soundfield mics to capture the "audience reactions" and also "the orchestral"tracks.

Recorded in B format Quad Channel and mixed (panned) using two Soundfield ST-450 mics , by Jacques Boulanger and Holly Post from CREATIVE AUDIO POST, NY (Manhattan) in March 2015.

The disc is: NATALIE MERCHANT-PARADISE IS THERE (THE NEW TIGERLILY RECORDINGS), on the Nonesuch label, Rhino/WB

I have the cd/dvd and no where does it state it's surround, but the dvd is 5.1 DTS, and defaults to dts.
I would have to conclude that both stereo cd and stereo dvd are UHJ Ambisonics as well.

The DTS DVD is mostly documentary with song snippets, but does have a few complete orchestral versions.

-info via "Bubblesqueak.co.uk" and "ProSound Web.com"

20160225_204647.jpg20160225_204701.jpg

Well we now know that DAVID BOWIE "REALITY TOUR" is in surround.

Thanks to QQ UK member......Failed Muso.

But now, here's a cd/dvd disc in DD 5.1 ..

And without the sticker you'd never know ? CHEAP TRICK -LIVE AT BUDOKAN 78

20160117_162318.jpg20160117_162331.jpg20160117_162405.jpg

Back