DVD Fab Passkey

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Does anyone here use DVD Fab Passkey as part of their process of ripping audio content from Bluray discs? I've used for years and years, suddenly, I often get this error. I even went as far as buying a new bda player, same problem.

1703332519196.png

Is this the same when you redo a disc that is known to work (an older one)?
No, discs that previously worked, seem to still work. In fact, I just did Mingus Moves Quadio, worked normally. That said, it happens with many of these newer releases...not sure why so problematic.

Yet, if the disc fails to open with passkey, I then use MKV method and it works just fine. I don't like MKV nearly as much as using passkey with DVD Audio Extractor, which is why I persist on figuriing this out.

Gene,
I have never used or heard of DVD Fab Passkey, but looks very interesting, I might give it a try.
I see there are two> DVD and Blu Ray.

There is free download and a purchase download, which one do you use?

https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-dvd.htm
https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm

Looks as if I have both. But it functions as a single program. I would have bought the license for DVD first (I think), then I upgraded and it included the bluray.
The free download is a trial, I think. So the free and purchase one are the same.

Gene,
I have never used or heard of DVD Fab Passkey, but looks very interesting, I might give it a try.
I see there are two> DVD and Blu Ray.
Wow really... They've been going for nearly 20 years!

I used to beta test their softwares including early versions of PlayerFab, their software media player... Which got really good.

I was given lifetime keys for many of their products but none seem to work now, which is a shame because I wanted to see if their newest version of DVDFab Passkey is able to remove the copy protection of DVD-Audio discs when backed-up into iso files.

Cheers

Wow really... They've been going for nearly 20 years!

I used to beta test their softwares including early versions of PlayerFab, their software media player... Which got really good.

I was given lifetime keys for many of their products but none seem to work now, which is a shame because I wanted to see if their newest version of DVDFab Passkey is able to remove the copy protection of DVD-Audio discs when backed-up into iso files.

Cheers
Heck, if it were not for QQ I would know nothing.

Just tried Porcupine Tree BDA concert disc......failed as well. I just don't think this many discs should be failing. It never used to happen...

Their customer support is horrible. I can tell English is not their native language, as they simply don't answer my questions with any amount of understanding. :(

I've never used DVDFab Passkey, but I use the full DVDFab program. I had no problem with War of Being or any other discs this year. So at least in it they keep the keys current (method to bypass encryption).
I just wanted to point out that makeMKV can make a "folder backup". From there it's easy to recreate the .iso.
I guess it's still available on the free version, it's been a while since I used that function. Someone else can chime in with their experience?

I've never used DVDFab Passkey, but I use the full DVDFab program. I had no problem with War of Being or any other discs this year. So at least in it they keep the keys current (method to bypass encryption).
I just wanted to point out that makeMKV can make a "folder backup". From there it's easy to recreate the .iso.
I guess it's still available on the free version, it's been a while since I used that function. Someone else can chime in with their experience?
That's exactly how I create backup .isos using MakeMKV. Rip to backup folder then use Imgburn to create the .iso. I'm using the free version.

Does anyone here use DVD Fab Passkey as part of their process of ripping audio content from Bluray discs? I've used for years and years, suddenly, I often get this error. I even went as far as buying a new bda player, same problem.

View attachment 99559
I tried ripping The Turn of a Friendly Card blu-ray with DVD Fab Passkey and DVD Fab and it ripped with no problem. I then tried with DVD Fab Passkey and DVD Audio Extractor and it came up with an error message saying it could not rip BD+ disks.....

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Back