DVD Fab Passkey

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried ripping The Turn of a Friendly Card blu-ray with DVD Fab Passkey and DVD Fab and it ripped with no problem. I then tried with DVD Fab Passkey and DVD Audio Extractor and it came up with an error message saying it could not rip BD+ disks.....
But, I had no trouble ripping the Quadio of Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown using DVD Fab Passkey and DVD Audio Extractor......

Why bother paying when you can do it for free...
Rip to mkv (using makeMKV and load the mkv file into Foobar2000, and 'convert' to whatever format you like.

Why bother paying when you can do it for free...
Rip to mkv (using makeMKV and load the mkv file into Foobar2000, and 'convert' to whatever format you like.
Well, I already paid for a lifetime subscription, years ago. So, that is a major reason. Also, I simply prefer (when it works) the ease of ripping and tagging in a single program. makeMKV doesn't offer that simplicity. As far as I know.

This could be true, but I never used DVDFab. I've my "process" which is probably a bit complicated. Therefore I've everything under control.
Garry's MMH is a big helper in my process chain.

So they have to update the program to get it working again.
What is your work around meanwhile?

Does anyone here use DVD Fab Passkey as part of their process of ripping audio content from Bluray discs? I've used for years and years, suddenly, I often get this error. I even went as far as buying a new bda player, same problem.

View attachment 99559
I have exactly the same issue as you. I think the problem is that it does not decrypt the more recent versions of AACS (it certainly can't decrypt AACS v81) - no doubt this will be solved by an update in due course. Unfortunately by then AACS may have moved on to the next version and the issue starts all over again...

I just use MakeMKV for newer blu-rays, but it is frustrating that they don't key the decryption keys up-to-date.

Seems weird that DVDFab would keep updating the main program yet not update the Passkey program.
I have no problem using the full program to decrypt and rip.
Yeah, it's bonkers really (assuming that the problem is indeed a lack of updates - I am guessing at that). I've only had this issue in the last 6 months or so and I guess it's the same for the OP .

Back