Seeking a gapless DVD-As/DTS-CDs/SA-CDs disc player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid I bought the wrong player.

I managed to found on a well known German forum some testimonies from people who complained about the exact same default with Yamaha DVD players of the same family as mine (use an online translator if you do not read German) :

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-48-10818.html
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-48-9909.html

According to one person who sent back the player to Yamaha at the time, the response was : "No firmware update will be released".

:(
It does seem like there’s a problem with the player, because nobody here seems to have a similar issue. I am not familiar with your model. I’ve had my player (Oppo 105) for 7 or 8 years and haven’t been looking for another one. I can imagine a deck that has a setting where it can add a gap between songs, but I wouldn’t engineer such a “feature” into any product I designed. It might be that your player has such a setting that could be changed, but I don’t believe that’s very likely.

Semi relevant, I just got through authoring 3 SACD's from old Quad and about every song had silence trailing the end of the song. Why they did that I don't know but short of taking the songs into a DAW and removing the silence it is what it is.

Semi relevant, I just got through authoring 3 SACD's from old Quad and about every song had silence trailing the end of the song. Why they did that I don't know but short of taking the songs into a DAW and removing the silence it is what it is.

I'm afraid I bought the wrong player.

I managed to found on a well known German forum some testimonies from people who complained about the exact same default with Yamaha DVD players of the same family as mine (use an online translator if you do not read German) :

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-48-10818.html
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-48-9909.html

According to one person who sent back the player to Yamaha at the time, the response was : "No firmware update will be released".

:(
The problem with gapless play on DTS cd`s can be solved , Rip the cd with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) in IMG mode gives you 1 WAV file and 1 CUE file , With IMGBURN you take the WAV file and make a new CUE file, and write that to an empty CD.
The strange thing is, that the Yamaha DVD-S2700 can play gapless DVD`s eksample Sgt.Pepper.

The problem with gapless play on DTS cd`s can be solved , Rip the cd with EAC (Exact Audio Copy) in IMG mode gives you 1 WAV file and 1 CUE file , With IMGBURN you take the WAV file and make a new CUE file, and write that to an empty CD.
The strange thing is, that the Yamaha DVD-S2700 can play gapless DVD`s eksample Sgt.Pepper.
Sorry, I was talking about SACD. I don't have any problems with gapless playback of DTS. :) ...or anything, really.

Thanks. But I prefer to save me the hassle of burning new DTS CDs.

Do you have an Yamaha DVD-S2700 ?

I wish to thank you all for your help and the testimonies you provided about the behavior of some disc players.

Thanks to you, I manage to get my hand on a player that read DTS CD gaplessly: an old Pioneer DV-868AVi (DV-59AVi in the US).

Last edited:
I wish to thank you all for your help and the testimonies you provided about the behavior of some disc players.

Thanks to you, I manage to get my hand on a player that read DTS CD gaplessly: an old Pioneer DV-868AVi (DV-59AVi in the US).
Congratulations... As well as its 6-ch analogue audio outputs and dedicated stereo outputs, that particular model offers HDMI, composite, component, s-video and scart outputs. Plus there's even FireWire connectivity... So there should be no problem hooking it up to any TV or monitor.

Yes. Although I bought it principally for music listening, the one I get has been made region-free by software. Good catch! It will replace the Yamaha (which can easily be made region free with its remote control) without after-sought.

Last edited:
Back