DYLAN: George Jackson 45 SQ??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
This is a promo 45 of Dylan's George Jackson issued in Italy. Is it really SQ?? GeorgeJacksonItalyBack.jpg

No, this kind of back cover was only an ad about the (supposed) SQ album in stores.
Plenty of singles with this back cover.

Grazie! Supposed is right. I don't know if either of these tracks ever made it to an album in Italy, but they sure didn't in the US. They hit on the masterpieces compilation which appeared in the late '70's, though that was never released here. George Jackson has only been on a much later compilation here. I guess I need to brush up on my Italian. And I grew up in a neighborhood that was predominantly Italian.
No, this kind of back cover was only an ad about the (supposed) SQ album in stores.
Plenty of singles with this back cover.

Linda,

Found the italian promo JB: YD 299

http://www.searchingforagem.com/1970s/1972.htm

Does the b-side match the 19/Jan/1972 date of the A side? I know GJ was a 1971 single for Dylan in the US, and all traces of italian SQ i've found are late 1972 / early 73, so if confirmed it will mean CBS tried to push SQ LP as early as Jan 1972.
BTW, the border of the SQ ad looks very old-style, IIRC later was a rounded rectangle.

BTW, the cover doesn't looks like a promo, even the cat.n. is not of a white-label promo italian single.

Back